Members - 0
Most users ever online: 16 [28 Mar 2024 06:51]
Guests - 16 / Members - 0
Known Bugs AmiKit Support Forum / Known Bugs /  

Resource.library

Author Geirmund81
Partaker
#1 Posted: 20 Jun 2021 23:35 
Trying to run «VirtualCD» in AmikitXE i get error message concerning resource.library v44.

In the «known bugs» file I do find this text:
Quote/
AmigaOS 3.1.x Limitations
Please note that if you install AmiKit with old AmigaOS 3.1 (from AmigaOS 4.1 FE CD) or newer AmigaOS 3.1.4 (from ZIP), there are some limitations. Besides limited language support, some programs requiring AmigaOS v3.5 or v3.9 might refuse to start because of the missing ReAction GUI widget toolkit engine. In this case you'll notice requesters complaining about missing gadgets or resource.library.
/endquote
What is the actual solution to this ? Can i just copy this library from OS3.9 ?

My setup
Amiga 500
Vampire V2+
AmigaOS3.2

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 20 Jun 2021 23:55 
Hi Geirmund and welcome to the Forum! Thanks for providing your HW&SW details. And you also checked QuickGuide first, good!

To be honest, I haven't tested old ReAction GUI programs for OS3.9 with new the ReAction GUI included with OS3.2. Therefore I don't really know whether those two toolkits are compatible with each other. But I assume they are.

Anyway, yes, it's a good idea to copy the resource.library from OS3.9 to OS3.2. I've never done it myself so please let me know whether it helped.

Btw. another reason might be missing .gadget (see below) but I think all the required gadgets are in place (otherwise the VirtualCD would not work on OS3.9 either) http://www.gregdonner.org/os39faq/installtips.html#20

Author Geirmund81
Partaker
#3 Posted: 22 Jun 2021 12:02 
Thanks,
Copy the library from OS3.5. CD worked. I can now open the application.
However, mounting of ISO files does not work. Neither the automatic mounting feature in amikit works.
What am i doing wrong ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 24 Jun 2021 17:53 
I think I found a solution. Please check this thread: https://forum.amiga.sk/index.php?action=vthread&forum=16&topic=2054

Known Bugs AmiKit Support Forum / Known Bugs /
 Resource.library

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑