Most users ever online: 41 [17 Jun 2024 01:12]
Guests - 41 / Members - 0
I have a suggestion AmiKit Support Forum / I have a suggestion /  

AmiKit on Acer Laptop at 1440 x 900 works great + suggestions

Author djnykk
Partaker
#1 Posted: 22 Jun 2009 01:55 
Hi ppl!

First I will have to express my extremly positive feellings and say Biiig Thanks for fantastic work you did with AmiKIT! Finally Amiga does not look like a toy and is finally useable after so many years! I wanted to create such a system during last few years for PC under WinUAE but AmiKit kicked ***!

After configuring every program to work under 1440x900 resolution, I get some ideas I would like to share with you and make AmiKIT even more attractive to new Amiga emulation users.

- For some reason Right Click on Magellan Lister on the first icon does not open Root Directory [the lister view that opens when doubleclick anywhere on the workbench]. So I had to manually re-edit RightClick on first lister icon and set it for "Go to Root Dir".

- Doubleclick middle mouse button anywhere on the WorkBench should bring AmigaSHELL [this was my default setup for ages]

- You should copy and rename C/CED to C/ED because ED command is easier to type, shorter and looks familiar from other platforms. So, typing ED S:User-startup in AmigaShell is much easier with CED [MicroGoldEditor] than any other text editor

- You should configure Opus to play sound when you load Workbench. I, for example, put some nice short space theme with "Welcome to Amiga system" robotic female speech. I can send you as I created it for my personal needs, when start AmiKIT.

- you should configure CTRL + M for MakeDir [in DOpusMagellan] and DEL key [for delete files].

- I configured CTRL + C for Copy and CTRL + V for paste [in Magellan lister], it is much easier for other users to copy/paste than to use pull-down menu.

- I would change font AmiKIT to some other, stylish one. AmiKIT is really perfectly designed, it is pity to still have old fashioned font AmiKIT when you can create something a bit better [looking from designer's view]

- Enviroment/ListerDisplay in Magellan you had Field Titles disabled. It is much better to have it enabled and sorting-tabs in Lister

Well I think thats all for now. AmiKIT works great on my Acer Travelmate 7530 and Acer Aspire 7535G at 1440x900 screen resolution.

Also I found that plugging and unplugging mouse can cause stopping mouse control in emulator. I guess this bug will be fixed?

Many greets.
n.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 23 Jun 2009 22:13 
Your suggestions are very welcome, many thanks!

Author djnykk
Partaker
#3 Posted: 24 Jun 2009 02:44 
ah yes, one more thing to add:

- plz add as default - doubleclick with left mouse button to window should bring it to front. MiddleDBLclick should be left for opening AmigaShell.

I have a suggestion AmiKit Support Forum / I have a suggestion /
 AmiKit on Acer Laptop at 1440 x 900 works great + suggestions

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑