AmiKit Support ForumAmiKit Discord Chat
 Start Register Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 41 [17 Jun 2024 01:12]
Guests - 41 / Members - 0
I have a suggestion AmiKit Support Forum / I have a suggestion /  

GCC as downloadable package or included by default.

Author nyteshade
Partaker
#1 Posted: 16 Dec 2014 17:11 
I recently found and packaged up a version of geek gadgets or the Amiga Development Environment and put it on aminet. The URL is here and integration is easy peasy. It provides a 2.95.3 version of GCC with two lines of code added to the User-Startup or other startup script. Works on a plain OS 3.1 installation with no work.

http://aminet.net/package/dev/gcc/ADE

For AmiKit purposes, you may want to look closely at the internal libs directory to see if there will be any conflicts up front and either replace or do something with them in general.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 16 Dec 2014 18:42 
Actually I'd like to prepare AmiKit Development version in next few months and your post will be handy. Thanks a lot!

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#3 Posted: 16 Dec 2014 23:43 
For sure it would be great to have complete IDE integrated, though I have no idea which is the most used now, 20 years after I stopped playing with StormC (which BTW was great at that times)... I wonder if I would remember how to code on Amigaos + mui...

I have a suggestion AmiKit Support Forum / I have a suggestion /
 GCC as downloadable package or included by default.

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑