Members - 0
Most users ever online: 41 [17 Jun 2024 01:12]
Guests - 41 / Members - 0
I have a suggestion AmiKit Support Forum / I have a suggestion /  

wrote nice ASL replacement

Author Andreas G.S.
#1 Posted: 26 Jan 2012 17:45 
Hi,

I would like to suggest to inlcude my new ASL filerequester replacement. It looks better than the MUI one and has some yet on amiga unseen features. Here is it: http://ox.quicktunnels.net/modifyle.lha and here is a screenshot: http://ox.quicktunnels.net/filereq.png

you can contact me here or by mail to silva@psi5.com

thanks for your time,
Andreas

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 26 Jan 2012 21:25 
Hi Andreas,

thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

Jan

Author Andreas G.S.
#3 Posted: 31 Jan 2012 16:26 
Dear Jan, did you check this out? I can hardly wait for feedback.

Author Andreas G.S.
#4 Posted: 2 Feb 2012 18:31 
I just wanted to say that now stable version 1.0 is out. A brief description is in the readme: http://ox.quicktunnels.net/modifyle.readme

Author klesterjr
#5 Posted: 8 Feb 2012 11:05 
How are the visual elements controlled? Is it MUI? Is it Zune? Does it get them from the parent system? The screenshot looks different than anything I've seen before. AmiKit uses Afa & MUI for most of it's visual elements.

Author Andreas G.S.
#6 Posted: 8 Feb 2012 14:03 
Hi klesterjr,

It uses the Open XUI (OX) Gui engine. I made it. It is skinnable.

Author Andreas G.S.
#7 Posted: 17 Feb 2012 23:06 
Ok, i turned the "Filerequester" into a full featured Filemanager now. You can now perform all basic filemanager functions in the ASL Filerequester replacement and even use the Window as a stand alone Filemanager. Supports Drag & Drop from one Modifyle Window into annother. Downloadlink see my previous post. Please let me know what you think. Could this be good for AmiKit?

Author klesterjr
#8 Posted: 19 Feb 2012 06:44 
I downloaded your ASL replacement/Filemanager. A few thoughts ...

-Double-clicking on programs doesn't open them -- is this correct?
-I don't see how to change the icons in the left column
-It can't copy files from the requester to a window

It's not bad, and looks easily skinnable, but I'm curious as to why you didn't use one of the existing toolkits. Means that it needs to be skinned separately from the system (more work for me!)

I doubt that AmiKit would adopt it since they're already using an ASL replacement that does a nice job (and everyone is used to), but I think it seems pretty good overall. I'll keep playing with it.

Thanks.

-Ken

Author Andreas G.S.
#9 Posted: 19 Feb 2012 09:50 
Hi Ken,

yet you can view files where you have datatypes for. Executing a program is yet not implemented, should I?

Icons yet can only be changed by replacing them in the presets folder.

Modifyle can copy files from on requester to annother or from one requester to a Modifyle Manager window (and back), but yet not from or to Workbench windows. Is it that what you mean? I could implement such...

I was not satisfied by the existing toolkits.

regs,
Andreas

I have a suggestion AmiKit Support Forum / I have a suggestion /
 wrote nice ASL replacement

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑