AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Begin Register Reply Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 717 [7 Feb 2021 09:33]
Guests - 717 / Members - 0
I want to leave a feedback AmiKit Support Forum / I want to leave a feedback /  

AmiKit for Vampire

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »

Author npagonis73
Partaker
#16 Posted: 10 Jan 2021 17:33 
Thanks for your immediate reply. I use the 1.21r 040 version of lzx. Both the one mentioned in this forum and the plain 1.21r from aminet give same results. Will try now the archive i just downloaded from my reactivated link and try again.

Thanks again a lot

Author AmiKit
Admin
#17 Posted: 10 Jan 2021 17:41 Edited by: AmiKit 
I just tried LZX 000, 020 and 040 and they all say: "26676 file(s) tested, all files OK"

I used the following test command:

LZX t amikitxe-vampire.lzx

Author npagonis73
Partaker
#18 Posted: 10 Jan 2021 18:50 
AmiKit
Hi again

Tried your new file but on a different system with the command LZX -x x amikitxe-vampire AmiKit: and this time worked fine. 26676 files tested, all files ok. I think it was the AmigaForever AmigaSys i used the first few times which caused the problem. After i successfully extracted the file on my other system, i tried again on AmigaSYS and got the error again so i think there is the issue.

Anyway thanks a lot for your immediate help. I wait now for my V1200 to continue with the installation. Have already copied the copyright files (Amiga OS 3.1.4 & 3.1.4.1 & Locale and Picasso 96 & Roadshow 1.14) in the Expansion/Install folder and wait for the Vampire.

Have a good evening

Author AmiKit
Admin
#19 Posted: 10 Jan 2021 18:51 
I am glad it worked. Thanks for letting me know!

Btw. I recommend OS3.9 with BoingBag1 instead of 3.1.4.

Author npagonis73
Partaker
#20 Posted: 10 Jan 2021 21:06 
AmiKit
Oh ok, thanks for telling me. Will do 3.9 then instead.

Will let you k ow how it will all go after I get my V1200.

Take care

Author AmiKit
Admin
#21 Posted: 10 Jan 2021 21:19 
Btw. how long did you wait for your V1200? I'm waiting for 12 months already...

Author npagonis73
Partaker
#22 Posted: 10 Jan 2021 22:10 
AmiKit
Same here. I made two orders. One with Relec back in September 2019 and then I Ordered it on the 20th January 2020 from Apollo site as well. 3 weeks ago Relec contacted me and told me that they will have V1200 cards to distribute soon and asked me if I want mine since I was first on their list. I paid and they sent it to me last Monday. It is in Athens already so I hope this coming week will be here. When did you order yours and where from?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#23 Posted: 10 Jan 2021 23:12 
I ordered it from Apollo in February 2020. But the waiting time, especially without any progress update from Apollo, is simply ridiculous. I will go for Warp1260 instead.

Author npagonis73
Partaker
#24 Posted: 10 Jan 2021 23:42 
AmiKit
Yes the Apollo waiting time and especially without providing any information at all is very ridiculous and i was on the edge of changing my mind as well. Just sent you an email to see and verify if ok.

Regards

Author npagonis73
Partaker
#25 Posted: 11 Jan 2021 22:21 
AmiKit
Hi there. Did you happen to see my email I sent you yesterday at amikit@gmail.com?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#26 Posted: 12 Jan 2021 15:02 
I just replied. Thanks!

Author npagonis73
Partaker
#27 Posted: 23 Jan 2021 23:34 
Hello Jan

Just to let you know that my V1200 arrived last Friday and AmiKit XE installation went on like a breeze!! Well done for the perfect configuration and so quick and easy installation and updating itself. Your distro deserves every penny I paid for it. I need some help/advice from you on what is the best way to add some extra programs I installed into a menu. Either on the ToolsDaemon which you use or on the start button etc. I tried and added a menu in TD through prefs which appears fine in the prefs tool but not on the actual top bar.

Thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#28 Posted: 23 Jan 2021 23:41 
Hey, I am glad it worked for you so smooth! Before you start experimenting, I recommend to make an image out of your CF card now - and if anything goes wrong later you just re-flash and avoid installing everything again.

The ToolsDaemon works in Workbench only - not DOpus. To add entries to DOpus menu, press right-mouse button and select Settings > User Menu. Regarding DOpus StartMenu, left-click or right-click the menu icon while holding down the Ctrl key to display its drag bar or its content and settings.

Author npagonis73
Partaker
#29 Posted: 24 Jan 2021 00:20 
Thanks for your speedy reply. Thanks a lot. Very clear instructions. Will do that tomorrow.

One last thing. Where do you change background from and do you include some more wallpapers in the distro?

Good night

Author npagonis73
Partaker
#30 Posted: 24 Jan 2021 16:26 
Ok menus are done through dopus as you said. No probs. Wallpapers is my next thing I would like to change and don't know where from and also I encountered a problem when trying to run Wet. It crashes with a guru message and the app hangs. When uninstalled it and reinstalled it, it doesn't give me a guru but still hangs. All other apps I tried work fine.

I would appreciate any help on the above

Thanks

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
I want to leave a feedback AmiKit Support Forum / I want to leave a feedback /
 AmiKit for Vampire

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑