AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Begin Register Reply Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
I want to leave a feedback AmiKit Support Forum / I want to leave a feedback /  

AmiKit for Vampire

Author Madlax
Partaker
#1 Posted: 30 Jul 2020 17:14 
Hello,

I can't wait to see what you have in store for the Vampire! I am very excited to see this happening.

Thank you!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 30 Jul 2020 17:24 
Same feelings here!

Author Nova
Partaker
#3 Posted: 5 Aug 2020 11:30 
I just purchased AmiKit for Vampire and running it on V2 A1200 and AmigaOS 3.1.4.1 as a base.

A few things I have encountered so far:
- Vampiregfx monitor file was missing (only the info existed). This stopped my setup process until I manually copied this file from the SAGA driver archive to Devs:Monitors.
- Paula.audio file did not exist in Devs:AHI. I had to copy this from an AHI setup archive to get AHI working.
- SD card support required me to rename CF0 in DEVS:DosDrivers to SD0 and to change the driver reference from compactflash.device to sagasd.device.

Otherwise this has been an excellent distrubution for my Vampire. The first one that really worked (with just a few tweaks) out of the box without any of the issues I have encountered with other distriubutions or my own setups.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 5 Aug 2020 11:55 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi Nova, thanks a lot for your feedback! I am glad it works for you out of the box. It took us lot of time to get it to this state.

I just checked my source files and there IS Devs:Monitors/vampiregfx file present as well as Devs:AHI/paula.audio file. The same in the amikitxe-vampire.lzx archive itself.

Are you sure the archive got unpacked completely on your side? If not, maybe some other files might be missing in your current installation. Also make sure you unpacked the archive with given LZX command according to the instructions in the Quick Guide: http://bit.ly/AmiKit-VampireGuide

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jan

Author chips_c64
Partaker
#5 Posted: 5 Aug 2020 13:56 
Hi,

I had one of the same problems as Nova when installing Amikit for Vampire on a V2 A1200 and AmigaOS 3.1.4.1 as a base.
- Vampiregfx monitor file was missing (only the info existed). This stopped my setup process until I manually copied this file from the SAGA driver archive to Devs:Monitors.

I also had to copy the network device drivers from the SAGA driver archive because they where missing.

I will check the downloaded archive tonight to see if that is also missing those files.
I did extract it according to the instructions in the quick guide.

Regards,

Walter

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 5 Aug 2020 18:29 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi, thank you for your report.

One of my betatester with V1200 and OS3.1.4.1 just confirmed that everything works fine for him. All files are in the place.

May I ask you to test the downloaded LZX archive? Also, the size should be 337 241 023 bytes.

My guess now is that either the archive was not downloaded right for you and/or was not unpacked correctly. Did you use UnLZX from http://file.amiga.sk/amikit/download/LZX121r1_Y2KP.lha as stated in QuickGuide?

Author chips_c64
Partaker
#7 Posted: 5 Aug 2020 20:08 
Hi,

When I view the downloaded LZX archive on Windows then I see the files in there that I was missing during the install.
I indeed used the LZX121r1_Y2KP.lha for the unZLX.

I Will try the install on an other CF card and will check if the missing files are extracted before inserting the cf card in the A1200.

Regards,

Walter

Author chips_c64
Partaker
#8 Posted: 5 Aug 2020 21:20 
Hi,

Did some testing with the extraction of the lhx file.
With my "default" configuration in Winua , 68030 with 68882 FPU and Jit enabled, I'm missing files.
After changing it to an 68040 with FPU set to CPU Internal and Jit enabled all files are extracted and no files seems to be missing.

Regards,

Walter

Author AmiKit
Admin
#9 Posted: 5 Aug 2020 21:31 Edited by: AmiKit 
Thank you, Walter, for your findings. Very interesting! Is it the case of UnLZX only or the LZX command is failing on 030 too?

Author Nova
Partaker
#10 Posted: 6 Aug 2020 07:07 
Hi,

I also used WinUAE to extract the archive to a CF card. I will need to check my WinUAE settings when I get back home tonight and possibly retry the setup, just in case it also missed some other files that I have not noticed yet.

I used the same LZX121_Y2KP.lha to decompress the files.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#11 Posted: 6 Aug 2020 17:38 
Hi guys, I found the reason. The problem was that AmiKit LZX was created using a maximum compression method. And on some configs unpacking of such archive failed leaving you with some missing files.

I've uploaded new LZX with relaxed compression. Please re-download and re-install AmiKit.

I am sorry for the incovenience.
Jan

Author chips_c64
Partaker
#12 Posted: 6 Aug 2020 21:29 
Hi Jan,

Thanks for the updated version, all works great now!

Walter

Author AmiKit
Admin
#13 Posted: 7 Aug 2020 10:15 
Great, thanks for letting me know!

Jan

I want to leave a feedback AmiKit Support Forum / I want to leave a feedback /
 AmiKit for Vampire

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑