Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

DevPack Blitz Basic Issue

Author Toros550
Partaker
#1 Posted: 25 May 2023 19:28 
Host Platform: Windows 11
Amiga OS and ROM Version: 3.2.2 / KS 47.111
Amikit Version:12.1 Hotfix

Hi, I've been experiencing a weird bug since downloading the DevPack from the Amikit site. It occurs when I am trying to launch the debugger in the Blitz 2 SuperTed Editor. The Debugger launches a small dialog box saying «Panic» but no CLI window appears, and then nothing else will work until I quit out to the workbench screen. This happens with both the standard and RED debugger. I was wondering if anyone had come across this issue and whether there was a fix or something blindingly obvious that I'm doing wrong I've run the «Make it work» script also, just in case.

Author phipslk
Partaker
#2 Posted: 26 May 2023 19:39 
Hi! could you please supply some more information on this? when does it happen exactly? do you have code running or just starting the debugger? and please, which devpack version?

Author Toros550
Partaker
#3 Posted: 27 May 2023 00:09 
phipslk
No worries, I would be using DevPack version 1.2 (have tried both the LZX and the HDF version and the same issue happens), the bug seems to occur whenever I click the «run and compile» button, so as soon as the debugger starts (literally hangs for around 2 seconds and then loads the small dialog box with the clickable «Panic button», and it doesn't appear to run any code at all, and none of the expected debugger windows are displayed). I noticed as well, when right clicking the menu bar at the top of the TED editor after this occurs, it will just flash a white bar in place of where the context menus should be, almost as if the program has completely crashed, and it happens whether I've created a new project or if I load in any of the examples from the UBB21+ drawer as well. Hope that's more helpful

Author phipslk
Partaker
#4 Posted: 29 May 2023 19:01 
Thanks for details, I could reproduce this error. Interesting things happening, I will investigate on that. As I am already working on the next update, so one point more on the to-do-list...

Author Toros550
Partaker
#5 Posted: 29 May 2023 19:22 
phipslk
Thanks for looking into it, I did a little more investigation myself and reinstalling Blitz Basic from the UBB21 zip file on the Blitz Ultimate website didn't work, until I upgraded from using the Amiga Forever Rom files to using 3.2.2 (on a second separate Raspberry Pi 4 install, and then I reinstalled Amikit and tried the same thing on PC with same results, seems to work when installed manually but not on the Devkit images, and only with 3.2.2 ROMs) , now it seems to work fine as a standalone installation. Looking forward to seeing it fixed in the Devkit though as it's a really cool package and I'd like to use it all in one HDF file!

Author phipslk
Partaker
#6 Posted: 29 May 2023 21:56 
thanks for your positive feedback! I appreciate that very much. I also found out that some things were missing, so a re-install of UBB21+ did the job to solve the issue, as you found out too. In the next update BB2 will work fine. Thank you so much for your findings!

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 DevPack Blitz Basic Issue

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑