Members - 0
Most users ever online: 41 [17 Jun 2024 01:12]
Guests - 41 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Amikit 12 save problem

Author aidanthegasman

Partaker
#1 Posted: 20 Mar 2023 08:49 
Tonight I upgraded to Amikit v12 (running via Raspberry Pi).
However, when I went to luanch some of the new software, I immediately ran into a couple of problems.
First, WHDLoad seems to run extremely slowly. I click on an icon and wait several minutes before the WHDLoad screen appears, and then the game loads, although this fault is intermittent.
Second, my the save games seem to have vanished for both The Settlers and Formula 1 Grand Prix (I don't know about any others). Have those saved games vanished forever?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 20 Mar 2023 22:14 
Hello, what game takes so long to launch? Or all of them? Did it work before the upgrade?

Regarding the saves, where were they located? You definitely haven't lost them. It's just that AmiKit 12 delivered a new S:WHDLoad.prefs file where you probably need to set the SavePath.

Please join us at Discord channel for chat support: https://discord.gg/wycKWD3JGK

Author aidanthegasman

Partaker
#3 Posted: 21 Mar 2023 08:34 
AmiKit
Thank you! That really worked. I managed to find the old WHD save game location, and I edited the prefs file to point to it. Everything is still there, just like you said.

The WHDLoad problem seems to have gone away: I wonder if the delay was the computer looking for the save files. In any case, things seem to be going OK now. Thank you very much for your help.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 21 Mar 2023 13:55 
Cool, I am glad to hear that! Just to make you sleep better - backup your AmiKit.hdf file and if anything goes wrong in future, just restore that one file to get back on the track instantly without re-installing.

Cheers,
Jan

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Amikit 12 save problem

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑