Most users ever online: 717 [7 Feb 2021 09:33]
Guests - 717 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Amikit and Monster joystick adapter

Author acidbottle
Partaker
#1 Posted: 21 Apr 2021 23:18 Edited by: acidbottle 
Hi

Firstly, setup and installation of Amikit Pi edition was great, easy as pie (pun intended if not funny).

However, I initially had used Amibian/Amiberry along with the Monster Joystick 9 pin adapter, no issues. On the input screen, port 2, the device shows fine. Also shows Keyrah and Retroarch fine.

With Amikit, I did once have it show but under weird named device. As of today I cannot get it to show at all, never changed a thing. Is anyone else getting this issue or is there a known fix.

Kind Regards

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 21 Apr 2021 23:36 
Hi! Yes, easy as pie I should wrote that to the manual )

Try to update to the latest Amiberry - currently 4.1.2 - download a 64bit version from https://github.com/midwan/amiberry/releases/tag/v4.1.2
and replace the old content in /amikit/Amiberry folder. Also don't forget to right-click new binary and allow permissions.

Hope it helps with the joystick? Also there is an update button in Amiberry which should download the latest joystick settings. Try that too.

Author acidbottle
Partaker
#3 Posted: 22 Apr 2021 00:08 
Thank you for the swift reply.

I will update and report back the results. It will hopefully get it sorted!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 22 Apr 2021 00:11 
Also reboot Pi with plugged in. If it's not recognized, look here: https://github.com/midwan/amiberry/wiki/Setting-up-Input-Controllers

Author acidbottle
Partaker
#5 Posted: 22 Apr 2021 16:21 Edited by: acidbottle 
Well, I did the updates, also dowloaded the latest configs and updated the paths, still no dice.

I wondered if in fact something had happened to the MJ adapter itself so booted up my older amibian distro and lo and behold, it has also vanished. Although I havnt yet plugged in the adapter to the PC to see if it is 100% fried, this is now where I fear I will get my answer!

Will let you know what the issue was as soon as I know, though I doubt now it is specifically Amikit related to be fair.

Thanks for the support though, absolutely everything else is spot on with Amikit. Still need to try setting up input controllers also!

Author acidbottle
Partaker
#6 Posted: 23 Apr 2021 16:47 Edited by: acidbottle 
Sadly it wont run at all, no idea how or why its now broken, though am aware Amiberry controller support is very much WIP.

I have a hunch the new version of Amiberry or the latest controller database are broken/incomplete as I definately seen it in the input menu as an option before. I scanned through the controller.cfg file (newest) and it is not listed on that whatsoever. I wasnt 100% sure what to edit with manual mapping but after some experimentation I still couldnt get a thing working!

Have also tried the x-arcade controller connected to usb and that doesnt show either.

If anyone has the MJ adapter working and would like to send me their controller config file id be very grateful!

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Amikit and Monster joystick adapter

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑