Most users ever online: 41 [17 Jun 2024 01:12]
Guests - 41 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

AmikitXE and demo like Scoopex

Author fraccah
Partaker
#1 Posted: 17 Dec 2020 22:45 
Hello,

I have bought the AmikitXE distribution for Windows.
My computer is on windows 10
In a directory, i have scoopex demo in adf format
In Amikt interface if I click on a adf, i can see the the files in the Adf.
If I launch one demo , I wan ear the music but no window, no graphic appears.

Is it possible to lauch Scoopex Demo on Amikit?

Best regards

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 17 Dec 2020 23:19 
Hi fraccah and welcome to Forum!

I don't know Scoopex demo, but demos in general are quite picky. Some of them work if launched from Workbench, some of them need to be installed by WHDLoad (check if there is an installer for your demo here: http://whdload.de/download.html) and the rest don't work with OS in background at all.

Your demo, especially if it's provided in ADF format, belongs to the last group, most likely. In that case, don't launch it from AmiKit desktop. In Windows, when, you run AmiKit.exe, click Configure, go to Floppy Drives and insert your ADF file to DF0 drive - it's like an inserting floppy disk to Amiga. Then launch emulator and it should boot that floppy disk.

But be advised, that AmiKit is configured as A1200 machine. If the demo is for Amiga 500, you probably need to tweak WinUAE settings a bit so it's closer to Amiga 500 emulation. For more info about WinUAE settings please check https://www.vware.at/winuaehelp/

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 AmikitXE and demo like Scoopex

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑