Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

WBGauge for Amikit XE (Linux)

Author robsten
Partaker
#1 Posted: 5 Jun 2020 21:32 
I'm missing something similar to "WBGauge" to see the fill level of a drive.
Is there anything already available in Amikit XE compatible with Dopus5?

I'm thinking of MagicCX also offering lots of more extensions, anyone having tested if this combination will work?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 6 Jun 2020 12:57 
Hi, yes, there is a free space gauge in DOpus, but it doesn't look very nice. Check for yourself - right click on empty desktop and select Settings > Environment. Then click Lister Default entry and click the second Set button and enable Free Space Gauge.

Author robsten
Partaker
#3 Posted: 7 Jun 2020 00:21 
Hello, and many thanks.

Found and activated it. Nothing fancy 3d like, but just ok for me.
If I realized correctly though changing the (gauge fill) colours for the listers does not seem to work as expected.
Only the buttom right colour may be altered but actually does not change when clicking use & save.
Could this somehow be related to my screenmode setting or maybe isn't RTG compliant?
I did test screenmode FHD 8/16/32b, but nothing changed. Opus5 runs using the WB. But also running as WB clone in truecolor has the same result.
Increasing the amount of user pens in the palette acts the same affecting only one colour.

Author robsten
Partaker
#4 Posted: 7 Jun 2020 00:52 
Another thing, independent of the gauge...it seems to be a limitation issue why the size of files larger than 4GB and large drives are not correctly displayed.
Iirc the latest OS 3.1.4 update also addresses this.
Hence the gauge would only show correct on own Amiga system drives, but mostly something completely wrong on different fs drives. Comparing large files in Dopus5 listers and native host file listers shows this.

Is there someone having solved this in a way?
I assume copying a 20GB file wouldn't work.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 24 Jun 2020 07:54 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi, please apologize my late reply, I travelled abroad. I think it's AfA_OS and its own skin system that prevents DOpus from changing the colors, but I am not sure. Have you tried experimenting with AmiKit:Prefs/FullPalette?

Regarding the size display - I guess the inconsistency you described was the reason why I haven't enabled the gauge by default (that means I haven't been able to solve it, unfortunately). I guess it's WinUAE and/or AmigaOS related issue.

Author robsten
Partaker
#6 Posted: 26 Jun 2020 00:59 
Hi, no problem. Thanks for your reply.

"AmiKit:Prefs.FullPalette?". I'll give it a try.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 WBGauge for Amikit XE (Linux)

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑