Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Enter the early-startup menu

Author robsten
Partaker
#1 Posted: 18 May 2020 03:39 
Hi,

Is it possible to enter the early-startup menu in XE?
If so, how is it done?

Generally it's a configuration option as I know from my own WinUAE setup where it's working flawless. Just as with the original system keep both mouse buttons pressed while rebooting/cold starting.
But with XE I could not yet manage to open it.

Maybe there is another combination?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 18 May 2020 09:15 
Hello, yes, it is possible to enter early-startup menu like with any Amiga, of course. It's just you were probably too slow to press both mouse button after reset

I usually reset the emulation (Ctrl+Win+Win) with mouse button already pressed. Or you can enable "One second reboot pause" in WinUAE / Misc settings (in AmiKit launcher press Configure button to enter WinUAE settings or press F12 if the emulation is already running).

Cheers!
Jan

Author robsten
Partaker
#3 Posted: 18 May 2020 16:52 
Hm, doesn't help.
To check on my "slowness" I modified the Amistart start_stop script to C:wait 2 C:reboot, but anyway having the buttons pressed while the reboot goes off the menu is simply skipped and the usual boot process goes on. Enabling the "One second reboot pause" option also did not help.

Could it be a timing issue that UAE does not initialize the mouse quick enough?
I have tried it several times.
Wasn't this early-startup option modified with one of the last Boingbag updates from Haage&Partner?
I did not install them for Amikit, maybe I should.
I think it's a Linux / Wine system issue as it also does not work here with my own WinUAE setup but on Windows.

Anyway many thanks.

Kind regards

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 18 May 2020 18:16 
Oh, you're on Linux. Yes, that might change the game a bit. No, it has nothing to do with BoingBags. But you can experiment with "Mouse extra settings" in WinUAE/Game ports section. "Install virtual mouse driver" might (or might not) help, especially in combination with "Magic Mouse cursor mode". Note that the virtual mouse driver must be enabled/disabled before you start the emulation. It has no effect if you change that settings while the emulation is already running.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Enter the early-startup menu

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑