Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Rasberry PI4 and AmiKit

Author ShadowRider
Partaker
#1 Posted: 21 Feb 2020 03:18 
i have just purchased the rasberry PI4 (anticipating its arrival) and it has the Bluetooth and WiFi functions, will AmiKit work with it?

side question: I would like to set it up to be able to toggle between different Amiga Emulations... Thoughts?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 21 Feb 2020 14:07 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi ShadowRider, and welcome to the Forum!

Raspberry Pi4 is a completely different CPU architecture than regular PC or Mac. AmiKit does't work on it. Yet! As soon as I finish Vampire port of AmiKit, I will start working on the Raspberry version. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Jan

Author ShadowRider
Partaker
#3 Posted: 23 Feb 2020 13:02 
Thanks for the update, i want to purchase your AmiKit work as soon as it is ready for the Rasberry PI 4, Sorry for the workload, but if it helps i do enjoy the work that is going on..
i want to support.

Amiga User since the 1990's new to the emulation stuff

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 23 Feb 2020 14:02 
Thank you, I greatly appreciate it.

Meanwhile you can check AmiKit XE for Windows, Mac or Linux or free AmiKit 8 for Windows or free AmiKit 9 for Mac.

Cheers!
Jan

Author Cybolic
Partaker
#5 Posted: 24 Feb 2020 12:47 
While it's not supported at the moment, you can run Amikit XE on the rPi4. The tricky part is copying over the harddisk image to a format that'll work with Amiberry, but after that the only things I had to do was to disable the Amikit splash image in WBStartup and ShowAmiga96 in the startup-sequence.
I have a Bash script in the works that generates an Amiberry compatible hdf from the Amikit installation files, if you're interested. It requires FS-UAE and cabextract to be installed and probably only works in Linux.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Rasberry PI4 and AmiKit

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑