AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Begin Register Reply Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

AmiKit XE Desktop menu drop downs have white drop shadow, impossible to read that way.. Change?

Author Malakie
Partaker
#1 Posted: 11 Jan 2020 23:52 Edited by: Malakie 
AmiKit XE Desktop menu drop downs have white drop shadow, impossible to read that way.. Been a while since I have played with my Amiga's or Amikit specifically and am not able to figure out how to change menu colors or turn off the drop shadow for menu drop downs or change the drop shadow colors.. it is now white. SEE SCREENSHOT ATTACHED:

Image 1

Image 2

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 12 Jan 2020 00:03 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi Malakie, I don't see anything wrong on that screenshot. It's a DOpus Popup menu which drops a shadow - maybe it looks a bit white on a specific backdrop image and such a large resolution? I am not sure it can be turned off. Maybe check DOpus5:Help folder for documentation? There are also manuals in PDF.

EDIT: I just checked the PDF manuals and all I found was the following mention: "New Popup menus with shadow look."

Author Malakie
Partaker
#3 Posted: 16 Jan 2020 16:10 Edited by: Malakie 
Hi,

The problem, and it is hard to see in the screenshots, is that ALL the text shadows are white. Due to military injuries to my eyes, I cannot read the text with a white drop shadow.. I need to change it to a black drop shadow or some dark color drop shadow to read the text in menus etc.

NOTE: It is NOT the OPUS menus that have the problem.. If you RIGHT click on the workbench ICONS, say a drive icon, the menu that appears is on a grey menu and all the text in that menu is white around a subdued front color. It is THAT menu I am talking about, not the OPUS menus.

Also if you look ABOVE the drive icons, the grey memory bar that goes across the top of the screen is the SAME grey and also shows all the text with a white drop shadow.. I cannot read that either. Again NOT the opus menus.. But the workbench.

Author Malakie
Partaker
#4 Posted: 16 Jan 2020 16:41 
I have tried changing the magic menu colors, the drop down menu colors.. Nothing seems to work to change the menu bar across the top of the screen nor the menu when you right click a drive icon..

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 18 Jan 2020 19:29 
Hi Malakie, if you right-click a drive icon, the menu that pops up belongs to OPUS.

Anyway, when you installed AmiKit for the first time, were the shadows already white? Or have you changed anything later, don't you remember?

Author Malakie
Partaker
#6 Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:50 
Hi,

Ok so that is still Opus? Everything is default until I tried fixing the problem. But every thing I try in prefs, in utilities... nothing changes that drop shadow for the things I mentioned.. So either I am using the wrong 'tool' or prefs utility or something else is wrong...

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 21 Jan 2020 01:21 
I got an idea! What about to switch AmiKit to Dark Mode? Run MorpheuZ, click "Visual Presets" and select "Dark Mode".

Author Malakie
Partaker
#8 Posted: 21 Jan 2020 02:16 
Hi,

LOL already tried that and all the other modes.. It was the first thing I tried. If you do it, note the right click menu on disc icons and the upper top memory bar.. retain a white shadow... even if the color changes

Author AmiKit
Admin
#9 Posted: 21 Jan 2020 10:09 Edited by: AmiKit 
The shadow is barely visible in Dark Mode here:
screenshot

Anyway, can you re-install AmiKit to see how it looks like in default factory settings? I've just re-activated your download links. Hope it helps!

Author Malakie
Partaker
#10 Posted: 30 Jan 2020 20:30 
AmiKit

Hi,

sorry, real life got in the way.. I have tried again, same thing.. Here is another screenshot showing you better, the font shadow where the shadow is all white.. I loaded the editor and realized it has the same issue.. Hopefully in this screenshot you can see it much better...

Editor also shows white font shadow

Author Malakie
Partaker
#11 Posted: 30 Jan 2020 21:22 
I took a screenshot after clean new install.. You can see the white shadow to all text in the UPDATE window too.. per this screenshot..

another screenshot

Author AmiKit
Admin
#12 Posted: 31 Jan 2020 19:43 Edited by: AmiKit 
Excuse me, I really don't see anything wrong on the screenshots, really. Which part do you mean exactly?

Author Malakie
Partaker
#13 Posted: 31 Jan 2020 20:58 
AmiKit

Don't ZOOM in on the image.. Just load it as it is.. If you zoom in for some reason it alters the picture.. Look at the fonts in the windows. They are black text with WHITE shadow or ghosting. I don't know why the website here is altering the actual image when you zoom in...

If you have a direct email, I can send you the original screenshots because I did notice that linking here is for some reason altering the pictures once they are posted in a message..

Author AmiKit
Admin
#14 Posted: 31 Jan 2020 20:59 
Okay, please send them to amikit@gmail.com

It would be best if you could graphically highlight the problematic parts. Thanks!

Author Malakie
Partaker
#15 Posted: 31 Jan 2020 22:12 
Ok will have them on the way to you shortly..

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 AmiKit XE Desktop menu drop downs have white drop shadow, impossible to read that way.. Change?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑