AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Begin Register Reply Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Amikit XE 11.1.0 and trying to use "portable mode" to have DamienD's WinUAE collection on same PC

Author wiser3
Partaker
#1 Posted: 30 Dec 2019 04:43 
My system:
Windows 10 64bit
Amikit XE 11.1.0

Goal is to have Amikit XE and DamienD's WinUAE collection working the same PC. I'd be using Amikit XE for apps and serious stuff and DamienD's collection for games.
You can read about DamienD's collection here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=90314

To get both WinUAE setups working on the same PC DamienD has suggested that for Amikit XE configuration i check "Portable mode" in the Paths panel. Then install his collection. However checking "Portable mode" for Amikit XE results in it not working. The loading progress bar goes across the top of the screen then it end with a grey screen and nothing works. If i continue and install DamienD's collection it also loads to a grey screen with nothing working. Without checking "Portable mode" Amikit XE and DamienD's collection give the same grey screen result.

I can get Amikit XE or DamienD's collection working on their own, but can't get both working on the same PC. Any suggestions? Has anyone else tried to do this?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 30 Dec 2019 21:40 
Hi Wiser3, thank you for your post.

The only reason why AmiKit might refuse to work in this case is the path problem. Make sure the path to AmiKit.hdf in WinUAE's "CD & Hard drives" section is set correctly, eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\AmiKit XE\AmiKit\AmiKit.hdf

Check also RabbitHole path there, eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\AmiKit XE\AmiKit\RabbitHole

In WinUAE's ROM settings, don't forget to set absolute path to your ROM too: C:\Program Files (x86)\AmiKit XE\ROMs\kick.rom

Once everything is set, go to WinUAE's Configuration section, mark "AmiKit (Default configuration)" entry and click SAVE button.

Hope it helps.
Jan

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Amikit XE 11.1.0 and trying to use "portable mode" to have DamienD's WinUAE collection on same PC

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑