Most users ever online: 41 [17 Jun 2024 01:12]
Guests - 41 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Getting an initial bootup wallpaper / splash screen

Author andyhants
Partaker
#1 Posted: 6 Feb 2015 18:58 
Hi again

Is there anyway I can modify the startup_sequence to include a command / utility that shows an initial startup graphic / splash screen while AmiKit is booting instead of the black initial screen?

So I initially get a black screen with a slightly lighter grey centre square for about 5-10 seconds then get either a blank workbench Opus 5 Loading or AmiKit Loading screen with progress bar ( the one I get depends on the window size I have selected) & finally then the main AmiKit desktop. Ideally I would like a graphic / plash screen shown instead of the initial black screen but suspect I can't as it's WinUAE / AmiKit doing its initial loading. I recall there are utilities that can be dropped into startup_sequence to display initial graphics during bootup but don't know what hey are & whether it is possible to loose the initial black screen?

Thanks again for your help.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 7 Feb 2015 11:38 
There is a startup graphics in AmiKit and it is showed if you use MorpheuZ to switch AmiKit to one of the screen modes listed below. Higher screen modes are not supported by the startup graphics program, unfortunately.

800x600
1024x768
1280x800
1280x1024

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Getting an initial bootup wallpaper / splash screen

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑