Most users ever online: 41 [17 Jun 2024 01:12]
Guests - 41 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Installation Problems Amikit 12 on Linux Mint

Author Steffen75
Partaker
#1 Posted: 19 Mar 2023 17:22 
Hello,

after updating to Amikit 12 it does not start anymore After clicking the «LAUNCH-Button» there is only a black screen and a light grey mousepointer is visible. I have nothing changed, only the the update szenario. What can I do to have my little Amiga back

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 20 Mar 2023 22:09 
Hello! If you click the Configure button and double-click the «AmiKit_bak1190» config entry, does it helps?

Please join us at Discord channel for chat support: https://discord.gg/wycKWD3JGK

Author Steffen75
Partaker
#3 Posted: 21 Mar 2023 05:35 
Hello Amikit,

thank you for your response.
I tried it, but unfortunately the same. The program starts, goes to a black full screen mode and nothing happened more. Sometimes it goes to the «amiga dos» screen. I can enter a few commands like «cd». But nothing happened more.
I was so happy that I get it run under my Linux Mint system, and now this
What do you think, should i reinstall Amikit completly new?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 21 Mar 2023 13:57 
Is WinUAE still version 4.9?

Yes, please re-install to see if that helps. Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience.

Author Steffen75
Partaker
#5 Posted: 22 Mar 2023 06:24 
No, it is WinUAE 4.9.1! But I have not installed a new version of WinUAE. is this a new version integrated with the Update to Amikit12? I was wondering about the WinUAE that it looks a little bit different in the menus as I try to run Amikit. I will now reinstall Amikit.
I was on your Dicord channel and I see that other amiga friends have same issues with the Udate to 12. One was very interesting, because it was similar to me:
At the end of the installation to amikit12 there is the message: Installation complete....PRESS Enter. I did it, but nothing happened.
This is what i mean:
https://discord.com/channels/743813289603104808/803034783118393408/1086366563273289749

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Installation Problems Amikit 12 on Linux Mint

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑