Members - 0
Most users ever online: 41 [17 Jun 2024 01:12]
Guests - 41 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

AmiKit XE, playing whdload games from network

Author Mark_Vans
Partaker
#1 Posted: 12 Oct 2021 13:35 
I have both AmiKit on my pc and AmiKit XE on my Raspberry Pi 4.

Is it possible to store my whdload games on a network attached storage so that they are accessible from both devices?
I have no problems with accessing the games from AmiKit on my Windows PC.
But I do not know how to access them from my AmiKit XE on the RPi 4.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 12 Oct 2021 14:43 
Hi Mark, on PC the WinUAE adds network drives on startup. On Raspberry Pi the Amiberry does not do that. Does it help if you add the folder manualy? In Amiberry's Harddrive section click the Add Directory button and locate the folder you want to add.

Author Mark_Vans
Partaker
#3 Posted: 12 Oct 2021 22:42 
I would not know where to begin. On my pc I use samba-shares to access the files on the NAS. On the Linux desktop of AmiKit I can access those directories and files as well. But how do I access them then form within AmiBerry?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 12 Oct 2021 22:46 
If you can see the folders on the Linux desktop, simply add those folders to Amiberry as I described above. Double-click the AmiKit icon on Linux desktop and the Amiberry config window pops up. Then click the HardDrives section and then use the Add Direcotyr button to add the folder you want. Make sure to specify Device name, eg. DH0 and Volume label, eg. NetDrive. Then the "NetDrive" folder should appear on AmiKit desktop.

Author Mark_Vans
Partaker
#5 Posted: 18 Oct 2021 13:59 
Well, I have access to the games on my NAS. But they will not start, something to do with 'path not found'
\\168.192.1.100\downloads\games and then folder names from 0, A through Z.

But that's not all. Because, unrelated to this, my joysticks do not work in Amikit XE. I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and an old Arcade (Suzo) joystick with a 9pin2-to-USB-adapter. Amikit recognizes both, but they are unusable. Both controllers work flawlessly with Retropie.

Author Mark_Vans
Partaker
#6 Posted: 18 Oct 2021 13:59 
Well, I have access to the games on my NAS. But they will not start, something to do with 'path not found'
\\168.192.1.100\downloads\games and then folder names from 0, A through Z with whdload games in them.

But that's not all. Because, unrelated to this, my joysticks do not work in Amikit XE. I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and an old Arcade (Suzo) joystick with a 9pin-to-USB-adapter. Amikit recognizes both, but they are unusable. Both controllers work flawlessly with Retropie.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 AmiKit XE, playing whdload games from network

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑