Members - 0
Most users ever online: 717 [7 Feb 2021 09:33]
Guests - 717 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

AmiKit XE - Installer Fails on Win 10

Author sgaham
Partaker
#1 Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:39 
Hi, I purchased AmiKit XE yesterday and downloaded from the link I was given. When I try to install it it runs an animation and immediately fails with the following message:

'There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact our support personnel or package vendor.'

When you click okay, it goes back to a dialogue that says, 'The AmiKit Setup Wizard ended prematurely' and tells me to run it again.

I've tried redownloading the zip from the same link with no change. I've also run the setup file as Administrator but I get the same error each time.

I don't get any information when it fails other than that dialogue.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:18 
Hi sgaham, welcome to the Forum and thanks for you purchase!

I think this is the first time I hear about such error. Which Windows 10 version is it exactly? Can you update it? Or do you have a possibility to install AmiKit on another Windows? Then you can just transfer the installed AmiKit folder back.

Anyway, I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Jan

Author sgaham
Partaker
#3 Posted: 23 Jan 2021 23:34 
AmiKit

Hi Jan, thanks for that, it worked on a Windows tablet PC without a problem. I'm not sure what's wrong with my PC other than it's a bit of a potato and needs replacing. The version of Windows on both is the latest update, so I don't think that's the issue here. I installed on the tablet and then copied it over. When I ran the rom finder it located my install of Amiga Forever, copied the correct ROM and then loaded up.

Now to reacquaint myself with AmiKit, I used the free version years ago and loved it.

Thanks for the help.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 23 Jan 2021 23:36 
I am glad it works for you now. Have fun with AmiKit XE. And if you have any question feel free to ask!

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 AmiKit XE - Installer Fails on Win 10

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑