Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

AmiKit XE + AmigaOS 3.1.4 "Startup-Sequence2" object not found

Author Seismic
Partaker
#1 Posted: 25 Dec 2020 19:40 Edited by: Seismic 
Hello,

I just purchased AmiKit XE and am trying to set it up on a Windows 10 machine. I purchased AmigaOS 3.1.4 (AmigaOS-3.1.4-A1200.zip) last month and am trying to set up AmiKit using this release. No matter if I use the included ROM (kick.a1200.46.143) or the 3.1 A1200 ROM from Amiga Forever 8 (8.3.7) (KS ROM v3.1 (A1200) rev 40.68), the setup in WinUAE fails with:

EXECUTE: Can't open "SYS:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/Install/InstallStartup/Startup-Sequence2"
object not found
AmigaOS-3.1.4-A1200.zip:Workbench3_1_4.adf.DIR/C/Execute failed returncode 10

INTERNAL ERROR... please check Support Forum at www.forum.amiga.sk

A screenshot can be found in my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zztt3olygymyigb/AmiKitSetupError.jpg?dl=0

I followed the on screen instructions:
1. I selected 3.1.4 at the welcome screen
2. I mounted the AmigaOS-3.1.4-A1200.zip in WinUAE via "Add Directory or Archive..." and "Select Archive or Plain File" and pressed OK twice (same result when I add it this way before starting the emulation)
3. Pressed enter and selected "A1200", then "AmigaOS-3.1.4-A1200.zip"

Help would be appreciated.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 25 Dec 2020 20:16 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi Seismic, first of all, welcome to Forum!

Thanks for your detailed report. It seems you did everything right. I just tried to reproduce the problem by following your procedure and the installation went fine without any errors.

It's very strange that Startup-Sequence was not found as it is the default part of AmiKit.

Are you sure the setup exe file was downloaded completely? Have you noticed any errors during the installation of the exe? Do you have enough space on your drive?

Also please add a Windows Security/Defender exclusion for AmiKit if necessary and/or check your Antivirus settings (and perhaps disable it for a while to see if it has any effect).

If nothing helps, please try to re-download and re-install to see if the problem persists and let me know.

Thanks!
Jan

Author Seismic
Partaker
#3 Posted: 25 Dec 2020 21:12 
Hello Jan,

thank you for the quick reply.

I downloaded the installer again, but CRC was the same. I then tried to install it on a different PC and there it worked. There AmiKit also boots after launching WinUAE again. When I now copy the fully setup .hdf back to my main pc, then it fails to boot.

During the Windows-Setup of AmiKit there were not issues on either machine, space is plentyful and I temporarily disable my antivirus, which did not help.

Since it works on my mini PC there is no issue with AmiKit. I will post here again when I find what is keeping the .hdf from being read properly. To me it looks like something is interfering with WinUAE.

Till then I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Author Seismic
Partaker
#4 Posted: 25 Dec 2020 21:26 
I found the issue.

It seems that WinUAE did not like some of my computers (network) drives or CD-ROMs (there was nothing inserted named "AmiKit"). In WinUAE I disabled "Add PC drives at startup", "Include removable drives..", "Include network drives..", "CDFS automount CD/DVD drives" and "automount removable drives".

I will likely try to narrow it down to the exact option causing issues, but disabling these fixed it for now.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 25 Dec 2020 21:30 Edited by: AmiKit 
Thanks for letting me know, Seismic!

Wow. I know there were rare issues with those WinUAE settings that caused an extremely long delay on boot (probably waiting for network drives).

Please try to update to the latest WinUAE - simply download 32bit ZIP archive from https://www.winuae.net/download/, extract it and copy winuae.exe to AmiKit/WinUAE folder. Alternatively try 64bit too, but in general 32bit build is recommended.

Author Seismic
Partaker
#6 Posted: 25 Dec 2020 21:52 
I updated to WinUAE 4.4.0, but the issue persists.

I tested it more and no matter what options I select or deselect, as soon as "Add PC drives at startup" is checked, it interferes with hdf-loading.

I would now write it off as a peculiarity somewhere in my drive setup that WinUAE does not like and that would be troubleshooting my PC now, not AmiKit.

Your support was exceptional, thank you for that. I am glad I bought AmiKit

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 25 Dec 2020 22:44 
I am glad that you figured it out!

Perhaps there's something wrong with WinUAE and not your PC?

Can you enable "Add PC drives at startup" one more time, together with "Create winuaelog.txt" and "Log illegal memory accesses" in Misc settings, and run the emulation. When the problem occurs, quit WinUAE with Ctrl+F11 and send me the logs, please. They should be located in AmiKit/WinUAE folder. I will forward them to Toni, the author of WinUAE, to investigate.

Thanks!
Jan

Author Seismic
Partaker
#8 Posted: 26 Dec 2020 00:14 
Gladly. I sent you an email with the logs

Author AmiKit
Admin
#9 Posted: 26 Dec 2020 01:23 
Thank you!

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 AmiKit XE + AmigaOS 3.1.4 "Startup-Sequence2" object not found

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑