Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

problems running flowerpot.msi

Author satiropan
Partaker
#1 Posted: 11 May 2020 11:16 
hello, I purchased some time ago flowerpot and installed flawlessly on a dell laptop
now I want to install it on another dell laptop, but when I run flowerpot.msi, at a point I have 2 errors
first: Called RunScript when not marked in progress
second: Called InstallFinalize when no install in progress
as a result, it says installation has ended due to an error
what can I do?
thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 11 May 2020 12:28 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi, those are very unusual errors and most likely not FowetPot related.

Please check the following link and try their suggestions: https://www.andica.com/faq-error2503-error2502.html

Hope it helps?

Author satiropan
Partaker
#3 Posted: 11 May 2020 14:08 
you where right, I followed the hint for C:\Windows\Temp folder which I have on my Windows 10 (I don't have C:\Windows\Installer)
installed OS4.1 FE, then clicked on Launch, but now I have this error in the Amiga CLI screen:
c:ata3.driver: unknown command
c:ata3.driver failed returncode 10
what can I do now?
regards

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 11 May 2020 16:58 
Are you sure it was FlowerPot that was launched? There's no C:ata3.driver in FlowerPot. Maybe some WinUAE paths are screwed?

What if you simply copy the working FlowerPot folder from your first Dell laptop and use it with the second laptop?

Author satiropan
Partaker
#5 Posted: 11 May 2020 17:50 Edited by: satiropan 
do you mean the flowerpot folder that is in c://programs (x86)?
I don't have the first flowerpot installation here, but I will try as soon as I can move out (corona virus restrictions)
anyway, I have uninstalled this flowerpot that gives this problem and reinstalled again and I see that during installation a message appears (amiga screen)
it had appeared also before but I didn't pay attention.
it says:
ELF library
Failed to load shared object libpyton25.so
then I click OK and then:
ELF library
Required object is missing
So it's possible that this missing .so file makes a mess of installation, that in fact finishes immediately, the end good bye screen message appears asking to press ctrl + f11 and then launch

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 13 May 2020 10:12 
There's nothing missing in FlowerPot. Otherwise you would not be able to install and run it successfully on your previous laptop, you know.

Maybe your Windows installation is corrupted somehow? Or maybe there's just not enough free space on your drive?

Try CCleaner https://www.ccleaner.com/

Author satiropan
Partaker
#7 Posted: 13 May 2020 10:23 
so, I have copied the flowerpot folder on the new dell but the problem remains, and it's the same on the old computer.
I have checked, libpyton25.so that is in ClassicInstallCD-53.71.iso in the system/sobjs drawer, and the ata3.driver is in the c drawer, so they are in their proper position, so I don't understand why they are not found...

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 13 May 2020 12:26 
Okay, it seems your OS4 ISO is corrupted. Make sure you use the one downloaded from Hyperion. Self-made ISO created from a physical CD does not work (Windows is simply unable to handle Amiga file attributes and thus if you use such ISO with Amiga later, it's corrupted).

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 problems running flowerpot.msi

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑