AmiKit Support ForumAmiKit Discord Chat
 Start Register Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 41 [17 Jun 2024 01:12]
Guests - 41 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

iomega software

Author retroricki
Partaker
#1 Posted: 2 Mar 2023 17:01 
Hoping someone can help. So I am wondering if there is a way to use a USB iomega zip drive in the Amiga iomega tools. When I run the program it is looking for dosdrivers and seems to be looking for SCSI is there a way in the setting to make USB into thinking its a scisi drive. Just wondering how i can use the amiga iomega tools with this drive. Thanks for any help or feedback. Also It does come up as a usb drive but would like it to come up so i can use the tools program.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 10 Mar 2023 19:26 
Hi Ricki,

sorry for the delay, I haven't noticed new threads since the email notification system stopped working, for some reason. Anyway, since I don't have any experience with such drive, I asked on AmiKit Discord chat server. You're welcome to join us there: https://discord.gg/wycKWD3JGK

Author phipslk
Partaker
#3 Posted: 10 Mar 2023 20:05 
just a guess, I didn't try that with my usb zip drive: start WinUAE/Amikit in admin mode, configure amikit/winuae, go to cd&hars drives, and add the drive there as an amiga device

Author retroricki
Partaker
#4 Posted: 17 Mar 2023 22:39 
I will try that phipslk and def will check out the discord

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 iomega software

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑