AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Start Register Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 717 [7 Feb 2021 09:33]
Guests - 717 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Pi400 - AmiKit Live Update??

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author bix66
Partaker
#1 Posted: 28 Apr 2022 13:02 
After some time I have resumed my nice Pi400 with AmiKit and when I enter the Amiga session I am presented with the Live Update window.
Now I have version 11.5.0, while version 11.6.0 is highlighted and in the queue there are versions 11.7.0 and 11.7.1.
Please tell me how to update to version 11.6.0 since the «download Now!» can't it be used?
Thanks
PS I did a search but didn't find a specific thing on the subject

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 28 Apr 2022 14:05 
Hello! Your subscription is still valid. Please make sure you entered the Customer ID and email correctly. Then press the CHECK button again and the updates will become downloadable.

Hope it help?
Jan

Author bix66
Partaker
#3 Posted: 28 Apr 2022 14:45 
Thanks for the reply.
Where should the data you tell me go to?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 28 Apr 2022 14:46 
Into the Live Update app - just switch it to the Subscription tab.

Author bix66
Partaker
#5 Posted: 28 Apr 2022 15:19 
Thank you thank you!!!
I have performed the update.
Wonderful

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 28 Apr 2022 16:56 
Great! Have fun with AmiKit.
Jan

Author Matze
Partaker
#7 Posted: 8 May 2022 22:52 
Hello,
I have a question about the Live Update.
In Subscription, Ive entered my Customer ID and my Email Adress.
After that I go to check and downloaded the latest versions, 11.7.0 and 11.7.1.
Later Ive reboot the system and he tells me again and again, that he need 11.7.0 before he can install 11.7.1 and that I should
type in my Customer id and Email. But both is absolutly correct.
Did anyone know whats the problem?

Matthias

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 9 May 2022 00:58 
Hello, what is your actual AmiKit version now, before you tried to update it?
And which AmigaOS edition have you used to install AmiKit.

Anyway, please send me a screenshot of your Live Update subscription tab via email: amikit@gmail.com
I will check the database.

Thanks,
Jan

Author Matze
Partaker
#9 Posted: 9 May 2022 21:37 
Hello Jan,

Ive send you an EMail, I hope that helps.

Matthias

Author saghalie
Partaker
#10 Posted: 24 May 2022 05:16 
Hello,

I've been having an issue installing/updating. I get the Raspberry Pi 400 all updated to 11.8.x and it tells me to run the Update Linux command from the start button. I run the update and after it's all done I reboot and the system just hangs there and will not run. I've used 32gb sd cards and 64gb cards and after the linux update the system just hangs at the blinking cursor.

I've been able to load the RaspberryOS to a thumb drive and I get the same results.

I'm at a loss as to what to do - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Author AmiKit
Admin
#11 Posted: 24 May 2022 09:31 
saghalie
Hello, I've just sent you updated image. If you're still experiencing issues, please contact me via email or Discord.

Hope it helps.
Jan

Author saghalie
Partaker
#12 Posted: 24 May 2022 15:30 
Thanks! I'll try it out tonight!

Author saghalie
Partaker
#13 Posted: 25 May 2022 05:01 
saghalie:
Thanks! I'll try it out tonight!
Tried. It works with USB dongles only, Will not work with the 32/64gb sd cards. The only SD card it will use is the card that came with the PI400. So there is that. I'm not sure what the issue is. I can't reformat the SD cards anymore. I backed up the USB with Macrium Reflect - deleted the partitions on the SD card and performed a restore (which Macrium Reflect reported the partitions deleted) but when the restore completed, the SD card still had the old data on it.

Gonna keep trying - but I think Albert E would be shaking his head and muttering about me at this point.

Regards

Saghalie

Author AmiKit
Admin
#14 Posted: 25 May 2022 10:32 
No idea what Macrium Reflect is. I use Balena Etcher for flashing images. Or USB Image Tool for USB/SD/CF cards backups and restores. https://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/download/

Author saghalie
Partaker
#15 Posted: 25 May 2022 15:59 
AmiKit:
No idea what Macrium Reflect is
Basically it's a backup and restore program

AmiKit:
I use Balena Etcher for flashing images. Or USB Image Tool for USB/SD/CF cards backups and restores.
I use Balena Etcher as well (it didn't help me though :sad_face Now USB Image Tool... now that worked. I believe I can recover my SD Cards with this tool. I will play more with it at work though!

Thanks!

Saghalie

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Pi400 - AmiKit Live Update??

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑