AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Start Register Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 717 [7 Feb 2021 09:33]
Guests - 717 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Major upgrade available

Author buzzawak
Partaker
#1 Posted: 28 Mar 2022 14:02 
Hi all,
I have installed X (10.5.3) on Windows 10
done the auto-updates and now when a start Amikit I get a message saying «Major upgrade available»
Where is this upgrade ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 28 Mar 2022 14:07 
Hello and welcome!

The 10.5.3 version of AmiKit X is the last free upgrade of that edition.

The «major upgrade» is the new AmiKit XE 11.5 available at https://www.amikit.amiga.sk

Please note that it is a paid package - it installs a fresh new AmiKit XE 11.5.0 into a new separate folder - so from the technical point of view it's not an upgrade but a successor of AmiKit X, actually.

Author buzzawak
Partaker
#3 Posted: 29 Mar 2022 02:13 
So Admin will there be any future updates to ver 10?

Author mpaitry
Partaker
#4 Posted: 29 Mar 2022 06:06 
Hi there
Like the user in above chat line I have reach Version 10.5.3, I just purchased, download and installed into Win 10 PC «AmiKit XE» NZ time 29/03/2022 but cannot find the Subscription tab in the AmiKit Live App.

Please advise

regards

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 29 Mar 2022 07:33 
Hello,

The X version (v10) was released in 2017 and it cost €29.95 back then. For your purchase you got free updates up to 2019 on top. Now the whole product is free (or Pay What You Want, actually). No more updates, no subscription. It's a legacy of the legendary product, now free of charge.

For the latest product please consider purchasing the newest AmiKit XE (v11.5). It's a new and separate installation. It already includes 1 or 3 years subscription to updates & support.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Major upgrade available

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑