AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Start Register Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 717 [7 Feb 2021 09:33]
Guests - 717 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

SysInfo speed and real performance in 3D games

Author JanuszBiela
Partaker
#1 Posted: 21 Sep 2021 11:30 
Just noob question: SySInfo shows me speed over 40 times faster than A4000 (which is incredible!) but this speed is not equivalent in 3D games....looks like , Blizzard extension card speed on my real A1200...
This is because: : "hardware" Amiga limits or really to get more performance in 3D games I need run Amikit on my PC not PI4?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 21 Sep 2021 11:38 
Hi Janusz, is it Pi4 or 400? And which game exactly? Compared to which Blizzard exactly? With AGA or graphics card?

Author JanuszBiela
Partaker
#3 Posted: 21 Sep 2021 11:41 
Pi400 and for example I checked Breathless when performance was like on Blizzard IV card.
Default Amikit setting.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 21 Sep 2021 11:49 
Do you mean Blizzard 1230? While you expected it to be faster on RPi400?

Did you check Doom? It's pre-installed in AmiKit:Games/DoomAttack folder.

Just a note - if you want to use mouse for looking around (see Doom's settings), make sure to disable Virtual Mouse Driver in Amiberry BEFORE you start the emulation. It's in Amiberry's input settings.

Meanwhile I will check Breathless.

Author JanuszBiela
Partaker
#5 Posted: 21 Sep 2021 14:03 
Yes,Blizzard 1230.
that interesting. With this performance 3D games should run as hell.....Just curiosity why not
If sysinfo shows me A500 1000x faster then....
Probably emulation speed has nothing to do with performance for example in games....I mean it is faster obviously but not that as shows sysinfo performance.
Just noob questions.

Author JanuszBiela
Partaker
#6 Posted: 24 Sep 2021 15:17 
So I checked Doom and looks like I have very high performance (I do not know how to enable count frames).

Author TomaszPatecki
Partaker
#7 Posted: 24 Oct 2021 01:14 
Hi Janusz, if you need performance for Breathless you should be setup in Amiberry. CPU - 68040 JIT, Chipset - Blitter Immediate. Now should be match better. Better than real Amiga with MC 68060 100Mhz.

Author robsten
Partaker
#8 Posted: 31 Oct 2021 00:51 
JanuszBiela

Have you also installed the last Breathless update main .exe file? Aminet --==> Breathless1_1F.lha
New features, improvements and bug corrections :

- Now Breathless also run if you don't use PAL screens for your Workbench;
- Mouse control ;
- Game configuration saving option ;
- Improved keyboard controls ;
- Smoothest up/down looking movements ;
- Access code for every single game level ;
- Last access code autosaving ;
- New player movements controls page ;
- Code optimizations (increased frame rate, about 20%)
- Some other little improvements.

Also I could realize a significant speed improvement with the optimized Breathless060.lha mainfile on my physical HW.

"The Motorola MC68060 processor, can't directly execute 64bit divisions and multiplications and Breathless engine use a lot of these instructions. This is the reason of the slowness of Breathless, when executed on a 68060.
This version of the engine doesn't use 64bit instructions and was developed without a 68060. I want to emphasize that this is NOT an optimized version for the 68060 microprocessor."

Just if you are into testing for better performance.

This is still my favorite Amiga 3D ego shooter incl. the audio tracks.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 SysInfo speed and real performance in 3D games

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑