AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Begin Register Reply Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 717 [7 Feb 2021 09:33]
Guests - 717 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Back to basics.

Author retired_4_now
Partaker
#1 Posted: 5 Jun 2021 14:22 
My son has just set up his Amega after 30 years, with all hardware connected everything seemed to function correctly. He wants to connect to a standard TV, as its not possible to interface using original cables. I went on line searching for some sort of interface, I then came across your site. I've spent quite some time looking for some sort of schematic on your site as to how the Amega is interfaced with a modern PC, if that's the way it works. Please can you explain how your system works, thank you.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 5 Jun 2021 15:57 
Hello and thanks for the interesting post!

First of all, AmiKit and Amiga hardware are two completely different things.

AmiKit is a project that simulates Amiga hardware. That means for AmiKit to work you don't need any Amiga hardware, just some original Amiga software like Operating System files and Kickstart ROM. AmiKit is actually a replacement of the hardware as many people don't have Amiga anymore, but thanks to AmiKit they can turn their Windows, Mac or Linux into virtual Amiga, you know.

If you have Amiga hardware and you're trying it connect it to your TV, please be advised that your TV must support 15KHz analog video signal - because that is the video mode your Amiga outputs. Here's a list of monitors that support 15KHz: http://15khz.wikidot.com I personally use 17" BenQ BL702A monitor and it works great with my Amiga 1200. To connect your Amiga with such monitor, you need a standard VGA to VGA cable, plus an RGB to VGA adapter, for instance this one: http://amigakit.amiga.store/amiga-monitor-adapter-p-183.html?currency=GBP

Hope it helps?

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Back to basics.

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑