AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Begin Register Reply Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 717 [7 Feb 2021 09:33]
Guests - 717 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Amikit fur Raspberry PI

Author Guenter
Partaker
#1 Posted: 19 Feb 2021 12:55 
Hallo Jan wnn kommt Amikit f??r Raspberry PI

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 20 Feb 2021 05:42 
Hey! The release is scheduled for March 2021!

Author Turrican9001
Partaker
#3 Posted: 4 Mar 2021 09:54 
Hallo, just registered to follow this beautiful project!
One little question: it will be possible to install and use also OS 4.1 with Amikit XE on Raspi 4 and 400?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 4 Mar 2021 09:59 
Hi, AmiKit is (and always was) based on OS 3.x emulation of Motorola 68k CPU, not OS 4.1 PowerPC CPU.
As far as I know there's no OS4.1 PowerPC emulator for Raspberry PI and even if there was, it would be awfully slow. Sorry.

Author Turrican9001
Partaker
#5 Posted: 4 Mar 2021 10:49 
AmiKit:
As far as I know there's no OS4.1 PowerPC emulator for Raspberry PI and even if there was, it would be awfully slow. Sorry.

Thanks for reply, I will buy the version for raspi4 for sure, my actual 3.9 has a lot of limits, especially on the browsing side....

Author ShadowRider
Partaker
#6 Posted: 12 Mar 2021 05:01 
any update to the release for the Pi ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 12 Mar 2021 08:31 
Hey, thanks for your interest! I am fixing last few (known) bugs and polishing last bits. Hopefully it will be ready in the following weeks.

Author ShadowRider
Partaker
#8 Posted: 12 Mar 2021 15:00 
not a problem, want you to know that this "Amiga user on the Pi4 and 400" is ready to get AmiKit Rocking.

Author ShadowRider
Partaker
#9 Posted: 1 Apr 2021 02:42 
the website is showing 1 April... is this an April Fools prank? LOL

Author acidbottle
Partaker
#10 Posted: 1 Apr 2021 12:45 
@Shadow - The timing isn't the best haha Pretty sure its the real deal.

Cannot wait for this and many thanks for bringing this to Pi users. Amibian and Amiberry are pretty decent options but this package is something else, whole new modern system ready to roll.

I genuinely do not know which os is the best choice any more though. Is 3.1.4 going to be the best option or is 3.1 still the most rounded and reliable?

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Amikit fur Raspberry PI

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑