AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Begin Register Reply Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Mouse pointer size. Need to enlarge

Author Markpx
Partaker
#1 Posted: 17 Dec 2020 23:05 Edited by: Markpx 
Hi,

I am running AmiKIT 8 to to test how it works.

Using Windows 10 Pro. Not sure the version of the emulator. It is what ever version is rolled in the free demo version.

I am very pleased with it. The only thing... is the mouse pointer is very very small. What do I need to do to make the pointer larger? I have played around with the "Pointer" settings on AmiKit and the "Game Port" settings in the emulator. Nothing seems to effect to mouse pointer size.

I am just trying to see if this will work for me before purchasing to full product.

Any help would be appreciated.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 17 Dec 2020 23:41 
Hi Markpx and welcome to Forum!

Which screenmode resolution are you running AmiKit 8 on? Perhaps it's too high and that's why the mouse pointer is small? A resolution of 1024x768 or similar is enough.

Which AmigaOS have you used to install AmiKit? I just launched AmiKit 8 here with AmigaOS3.9 and it seems the pointer is as big as the Windows one, hmmm. Perhaps if you used older AmigaOS 3.1 there's smaller mouse pointer?

Perhaps try this: Open AmiKit:Prefs/Pointer program, press right-mouse button and from the menu select Project > Open, and go to Pointers folder and select any HiRes mouse preset, and then press Test or Use button. Or in Pointers/MorePointers/pointers folder there's definitely a bigger (and bit weird) pointer called "AmgaPointer".

Btw. AmiKit 8 is not a demo. It's a full product. Just old

Hope it helps?
Jan

Author Markpx
Partaker
#3 Posted: 18 Dec 2020 02:11 Edited by: Markpx 
Jan,

Thanks for the quick follow up. I really like AmiKit. I plan on purchasing it. I did what you suggested with no luck. I have Amiga Forever v7 installed. I let the AmiKit installer find the ROMS . I believe it is using 1.3 ROM version.

No matter what I have tried the mouse pointer does not change. Note: I did not see any pointer files listed in the Pointers/MorePointers/pointers folder.

I am going to install everything on a different system at home and see if I have the same issue. My problem may be caused by my the configuration of the system I am trying to run it on. I am running the Windows 10 Pro as a VM under VMWare Workstation. At times I have had mouse issues just with my Windows VMs so it might be a carry over from the VMWare emulator.

My home system is a Windows 10 Home. I shave AmigaForever v7 on it. I also have retail packages of OS3.5 and OS3.9 CDs (not installed on any Amiga at the moment). So I will give them a try also.

As a side note: what got me looking at AmiKit is Stephen Jones 's AmiHybred project he is going to offer sometime next summer.

I will purchase a package from you.

His project is not going to be available until next summer when his new case ships (according to his comments). I also like that AmiKit will run on Windows OS (I think his project will be running on Linux/Raspberry PI configuration). I hope his project makes it as I plan on getting a case from him.

Thanks again. Keep up the great work.
Mark

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 18 Dec 2020 15:49 
Hi Mark, thanks for letting me know.

Please check your mailbox for an early Christmas gift.

Cheers,
Jan

Author Markpx
Partaker
#5 Posted: 19 Dec 2020 16:25 
Thank you.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Mouse pointer size. Need to enlarge

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑