AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Begin Register Reply Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Latest AmiKit Update (11.4.2) causes an Error on Kickstart 3.1.4 and Windows 10

Author QBit
Partaker
#1 Posted: 21 Nov 2020 14:54 
After I updated AmiKit to Version 11.4.2 on Windows 10 there appears an Error:

C:Version faild returncode 20

then it boots but Icons don't show up normally

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 21 Nov 2020 19:41 
Hello and welcome to Forum!

Thank you for the report. I'll check it ASAP and address it in next Live Update.

Meanwhile, can you use regular ROM 3.1 instead? AmiKit will apply 3.1.4 stuff on top of it, no worries.

Thanks!
Jan

Author QBit
Partaker
#3 Posted: 22 Nov 2020 08:07 
Kickstart 3.1 causes a crash

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 22 Nov 2020 10:08 
Hi, that is most intriguing. I've just tried AmiKit with OS3.1.4 and ROM3.1.4 here. I updated AmiKit to 11.4.2 and everything works fine, still. Then I used regular ROM 3.1 and still fine. I know it doesn't help you much. Can you please check your ROMs? Are they ROMs for Amiga 1200? Alternatively, I can take a look at the system myself - via TeamViewer - and diagnoze the problem, if you like - just drop me an email to amikit@gmail.com with your TeamViewer details, please.
Thank you,
Jan

Author alanwall
Partaker
#5 Posted: 30 Nov 2020 18:19 
QBit
Like Amikit said, install TeamViewer on your Windows box and he WILL be able to help. I know from first hand experience !

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Latest AmiKit Update (11.4.2) causes an Error on Kickstart 3.1.4 and Windows 10

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑