AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Begin Register Reply Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Folders defaulting to show all files by date!

Author AmigaAK
Partaker
#1 Posted: 21 Jul 2020 02:24 Edited by: AmigaAK 
For some bizarre reason all folders are showing all files by date when AmiKit starts.

It was not doing this earlier all was fine, but suddenly it has this issue.

I am using Scalos mode.

If I set the folder to show icons and snapshot the icons / snapshot window / snapshot all, makes no difference.

For example I have a folder called Games, in there are various game folders, which are showing all by name and date, if I show by icon, it will work, but if you then close the window
and close the main games window, then when you enter the folder again it reverts to showing by date!

I can't seem to override it? No matter what snapshots I do.

If I switch to another desktop replacement like workbench everything is fine! But if I switch back to Scalos this issue occurs.

Any advice appreciated.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 21 Jul 2020 09:08 
Hi! It might be a Scalos bug or a misconfiguration. I don't use Scalos myself. It is included with AmiKit for completness. Check Scalos documentation or switch to DOpus which is fine-tuned to its best.

Author AmigaAK
Partaker
#3 Posted: 21 Jul 2020 14:52 
I did wonder if it might be a bug. I also checked the Scalos global settings etc. and all seems to be correct.

I am going to switch back to DOpus. I will also change my drive setup so the larger drive is not an issue under DOpus.

Thanks again for quick reply.

Author AmigaAK
Partaker
#4 Posted: 21 Jul 2020 17:17 
Beginning to see why you prefer DOpus, it really is great, lots of wonderful gizmos!

BTW where are the beautiful icons that AmiKit uses stored? as in is there a way I could view them, as I would like to see what is actually in the icon archive so I could apply to other icons using copyicon.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 21 Jul 2020 17:32 
Oh yes, I spent months configuring DOpus to its current state, thanks!

For more icons, check wonderful Ken's icons here: http://aminet.net/package/pix/picon/kens_icons_v4

Author AmigaAK
Partaker
#6 Posted: 21 Jul 2020 17:59 Edited by: AmigaAK 
That is what I am looking for, perfect Just downloaded and now viewing the additional icons.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Folders defaulting to show all files by date!

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑