AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Begin Register Reply Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Trying to install a program to HD but not enough disk space

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#1 Posted: 29 Jun 2020 23:42 
I am trying to install a program to the hard drive using the programs HD installer but I keep getting the message not enough disk space you need at least 2.5MD free. the Amikit drive has over 3GB free so any ideas as to why this is happening?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 29 Jun 2020 23:46 
Hello! Which program is it? It might easily happen that the installer itself is buggy. Try to install it to RAM:

Another option is to use the old fashion way of manual installation Check the program docs.

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#3 Posted: 30 Jun 2020 10:53 
Installs fine in Ram but once moved to the Amikit drive it doesnt run as it can't find the files that are needed as its looking to the ram drive. Been years since I used the amiga so not sure how to make the executable look to the correct folder

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#4 Posted: 30 Jun 2020 11:32 
I tried putting Assign Ram:folder name into Amikit:folder name but still I cant get it to find the program as it keeps saying Ram:folder name not found

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#5 Posted: 30 Jun 2020 13:03 
Now the strange thing is I have created a workbench environment myself under WINUAE and the program installs fine onto that from the programs installer. So why will it not install under Amikit?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 30 Jun 2020 13:38 
Hi, if you tell me the program name I can try it myself and hopefully figure out what's wrong.

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#7 Posted: 30 Jun 2020 14:54 
Its a game. Its Premier Manager 3 Deluxe AGA. Wanted to install on here to do away with Disk swapping. Just cant figure out why it keeps saying not enough disk space and requires 2.5mb to install yet on the hardfile installation of workbench I have created under WinUAE it installs fine

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 30 Jun 2020 15:14 Edited by: AmiKit 
Did you try to install it using WHDLoad? http://whdload.de/games/PremierManager3Deluxe.html

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#9 Posted: 30 Jun 2020 16:55 
yes but that didnt work for me said DIC failed to create file

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#10 Posted: 1 Jul 2020 11:06 
Have you discovered yet why I cant install in Amikit as it asks for 2.5mb of space but I can install easily in my own Hardfile created under WinUAE?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#11 Posted: 1 Jul 2020 11:40 
AmiKit uses SFS filesystem and the old game is probably not able to detect free space correctly. What filesystem do you use with your own Hardfile?

Anyway, if you successfully installed to RAM and then moved the game to AmiKit, check S:User-Startup - maybe there is an assign pointing to RAM. If you change it to AmiKit, it should work from AmiKit too.

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#12 Posted: 1 Jul 2020 15:20 
The filesystem i used is RDB/OFS/FFS in the WinUAE dropdown

I put Assign Ram:foldername Amikit:foldername into user startup but the game still looked for Ram. Maybe I am doing something wrong

Author AmiKit
Admin
#13 Posted: 1 Jul 2020 19:15 Edited by: AmiKit 
OK, I installed the game here.

When you move your installed folder to AmiKit:Games folder, you need to do the following:

Right-click the PremierManager3 icon and select Open with > ed
Change the Assigns there so they look like this:

Assign PM3-1: AmiKit:Games/PMD
Assign PM3-2: AmiKit:Games/PMD
PM3-1:BootHD

Hope it helps?

Anyway, I am not sure the game will work in AmiKit without WHDLoad...

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#14 Posted: 1 Jul 2020 21:36 
All im getting is the music playing and no game loading. Strange how it works fine on my own hardfile. Other games ive installed using their own installer work fine

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#15 Posted: 1 Jul 2020 21:42 
I don't suppose there is a way to mount the Hardfile I create into Amikit so I can run all my files from the Amikit environment?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Trying to install a program to HD but not enough disk space

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑