AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Begin Register Reply Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Microsoft Onedrive

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#1 Posted: 23 Jun 2020 12:21 
Is there anyway to connect Onedrive to Amikit? I have all my files on Onedrive as I have a 1TB storage there and dont use dropbox.

thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 24 Jun 2020 07:36 
Hello,

I am not familiar with Onedrive, but if the files are stored also on your local drive (like Dropbox), you can add the folder to WinUAE (in CD&HardDrives section click Add directory). This way you should be also able to mount network drives but I have never tried it. Anyway, if your Onedrive on Windows is mounted as network drive, AmiKit/WinUAE can detect it on startup and mount it on Amiga desktop automatically too. Hope it helps?

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#3 Posted: 24 Jun 2020 12:45 
I don't keep the files on my local drive. I store all the files on Microsoft Onedrive which makes them accessible via the cloud to any device that I sign into Onedrive with. Its a similar storage facility as Dropbox but a lot better and cheaper for extended storage as I can store upto 1tb of data

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 25 Jun 2020 00:09 
I understand. If the files are not stored locally (like with Dropbox) then a driver is needed on Amiga side. And I am afraid I am not aware such Amiga driver exists.

But are you sure the files are not stored on your PC locally too and synced with the cloud? I read something about "Files On-Demand" feature which enables you to work with your OneDrive files even in offline mode. Just find the local folder where such files are stored and mount it with WinUAE.

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#5 Posted: 25 Jun 2020 10:57 
I upload the files to Onedrive using a different computer to what Amikit runs on

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 25 Jun 2020 11:56 Edited by: AmiKit 
What I am trying to say is that the "Files On-Demand" feature makes your cloud data available on your local computers too. Just login to Onedrive on a new computer and the files you marked as available offline should be downloaded to your local folder automatically. Please check the "Files On-Demand" feature of your Onedrive for more details.

All you have to do then is to mount this local folder in AmiKit/WinUAE.

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#7 Posted: 25 Jun 2020 13:58 
oh I have that turned of on the laptop due to limited space. its ok though as I have put a shorcut to Onedrive onto the C drive and that I can access via Dopus

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Microsoft Onedrive

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑