AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Begin Register Reply Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

AmiKit 9 on a Mac

Author Swoop
Partaker
#1 Posted: 15 Feb 2020 12:59 
I am trying to get Amikit9 installed on my mac.

I have Amikit.app in applications.
I have copied and renamed the -120.rom, and keyfile from amigaforever2006
I have created .iso files of AmigaOS3.5 cd, and OS3.9 cd.
I have selected the AmigaOS3.9.iso file in winUAE prefs (using fn+f12)
The Winuae window just keep asking for volume AmigaOS3.9, and justs sitting there.
The ,iso file is not being recognised.
I have read, re-read, and read again the install instructions (which seem incomplete)
and I cant progress any further.
I like he idea of the usb stick option on AmikiyXE, but the problems on amikit9 don't give me any faith that will work any better.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 15 Feb 2020 14:40 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi Peter and welcome to Support Forum.

I've just downloaded and installed AmiKit 9 (it's been long time!) and it worked for me on my macOS 10.14.6. Hope I can help you to make it work on yours too.

Launch AmiKit emulation, then select "OS3.9 CD" button. Now pres fn+F12 and in WinUAE go to "CD & Hard drives" section. At the bottom, click "Select image file" button. A window will open where you can select the location of your image. Now click "My computer", select Z: drive, then "Users" > "YourProfileName" > yourOS39.iso

After you double-click your OS39.iso file, the window will close and you get back to WinUAE. Now you should see a path to your ISO there. In my case it looks like this:

Z:\Users\jan\OS\AmigaOS 3.9.iso

Now click OK to get back to the emulation and the CD should be recognised. At least it was here.

You can also check Quick Guide for the latest AmiKit XE. The Mac installation process, except the OS3.1.4 part, is the same: https://bit.ly/AmiKit-QuickGuide

Please let me know how it went for you.
Thanks,
Jan

PS: Regarding the CrystalUSB, please note it does not boot on Mac.

Author Swoop
Partaker
#3 Posted: 17 Feb 2020 16:15 
AmiKit

My path to iso is

AmigOS3.9.iso {Z:\Users\Peters\Downloads\Amikit\ }

When I select {Okay} the WinUAE window throws up a system request asking "Please insert volume AmigaOS3.9 in any drive.

I can't get passed that point

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 17 Feb 2020 16:24 
I've sent you an email about TeamViewer support.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 AmiKit 9 on a Mac

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑