AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Begin Register Reply Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

F12 freezes Amikit

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author japamuz
Partaker
#1 Posted: 21 Dec 2019 10:36 
Pressing F12 and when back to game freezes totally software. Amikit 8 was much stable. And mp3 still not work "can't open ahi.device" -message poping up.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 21 Dec 2019 10:44 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi, welcome to the forum! Thank you for your report. Could you please tell me which AmiKit version are you talking about? Also I need to know host system (Windows, Mac, Linux?) and its version as well as which AmigaOS version have you used to install AmiKit, please. A bit more detailed information on how exactly I can reproduce the behavior here would help too. Thank you! Jan

Author japamuz
Partaker
#3 Posted: 21 Dec 2019 10:49 
Thanks for fast reply. Windows 10 and Amikit XE and installed Amiga Forever 7 Os 3.1

Author japamuz
Partaker
#4 Posted: 21 Dec 2019 11:08 Edited by: japamuz 
example when I play whdload game and press F12 for winuae settings and when I come back pressing start, game became very slow and unplayable. No need to do anything in winuae settings. just pressing f12 and start.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 21 Dec 2019 11:13 Edited by: AmiKit 
Thank you. I am running Windows 10 with AmiKit XE with Amiga Forever and F12 has never caused any problem here. Actually, invoking WinUAE config panel and getting back to Amiga emulation should not cause any freeze at all. If it does, then there's something wrong with your Windows installation I guess. It has nothing to do with AmiKit, actually.

By the way, does the F12 freeze happen with AmiKit 8 too? On the very same computer?

Anyway, here's what you can try:

- update WinUAE.exe to the latest version according to the Quick Guide, page 18.
- make sure your Windows is updated, especially correct graphics and other drivers are installed.
- adjust WinUAE settings, maybe decrease Z3 RAM size from 256 to 128 MB? More info here https://www.vware.at/winuaehelp/
- enable "Create winuaelog.txt" and "Log illegal memory accesses" in WinUAE misc settings. When it crashes, you should find the log files in WinUAE folder. Please send them to the author of WinUAE as he's the only one able to tell you what's wrong there. Or start a thread at his support page, please: https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Regarding the problem with MP3 replaying - I just double-clicked an MP3 here, AmigaAmp opened and MP3 started to play. Are you sure you haven't changed anything in AmiKit config, eg. installed something audio related, whatever? Does the problem happen with clean AmiKit XE installation too?

Thank you,
Jan

Author japamuz
Partaker
#6 Posted: 21 Dec 2019 11:36 
Amikit 8 works fine. Just tried it. Updating winuae does not help. decrease z3 ram does not help. Windows is up to date. Tried reinstall few times. Damn. I have Asus laptop. Maybe I have to try this with my desktop.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 21 Dec 2019 11:48 Edited by: AmiKit 
If AmiKit 8 works fine on the very same computer, then copy winuae.exe from AmiKit 8 to AmiKit XE and try again, please.

Author japamuz
Partaker
#8 Posted: 21 Dec 2019 13:23 
Hmm.. Just tried on my desktop computer.. Now it can't find my Amiga forever at all. Yes.. all are legal stuff. I trired Install AF and repair it. Still not work.. I think that Amikit install program is broken.

Author japamuz
Partaker
#9 Posted: 21 Dec 2019 13:26 
And Windows defender says that this may be dangerous file when start installation of amikit

Author japamuz
Partaker
#10 Posted: 21 Dec 2019 13:46 
I Think this is my worst purchase ever.. 29€ for nothing

Author AmiKit
Admin
#11 Posted: 21 Dec 2019 20:01 
Have you tried to use the winuae.exe from AmiKit 8? The installer is not dangerous, ignore the Defender warning (just for the record the Defender has never complained here)

Anyway, I can check your AmiKit installation via TeamViewer, if you wish. Just send me an email to amikit@gmail.com

Thanks,
Jan

Author japamuz
Partaker
#12 Posted: 22 Dec 2019 13:11 
Okay. Sorry late answer. Just tried again with my desktop. I installed and updated Amiga forever 7plus. Then press AF installed and get message "cannot find disk.info or autorun.exe on disk. Press enter key to start over.
On my laptop install start normally but freezes after pressing f12.
I have several winuae files on my computers. Maybe they cause problems. Or display drivers or Windows defender.
And I tried amikit 8 winuae exe yesterday with no change.
I try few possibilities and if they not help then we can try Teamviewer but after Christmas

Author japamuz
Partaker
#13 Posted: 22 Dec 2019 14:10 
Okay. Now I got Amikit working on my desktop. Uninstalling few winuae programs, and unistalling and I made fresh Amiga forever and Amikit install. When Amikit started first time, program autoupdated files. Hmm. My laptop does not did this. So I think that was problem when mp3 and rabbit holes chrome and others programs crashed too. Just tried on my desktop and now they works.. Very weird. Tomorrow is my laptop time. But thanks for your time and merry Christmas.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#14 Posted: 22 Dec 2019 17:58 
Hey, I am happy it works for you now. Definitely there were some weird things going on, most likely due to multiple WinUAE instances which might messed up with paths. Anyway, if you have any question or still need the TeamViewer session, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too.
Jan

Author japamuz
Partaker
#15 Posted: 31 Dec 2019 15:27 
Hi again, and happy new year. I think that there are still something strange in original amikit winuae configurations.
I tried Amikit default configuration and played ANY whdload game (example Another World) but after pressing F12 for winuae option and then pressing OK makes game very slow.
This happening with Dopus
When I used Scalos, Everything was almost ok. Few times makes all slow.
But now I got all working with my own winuae configuration.. I hope that you have a time to test it. I made littlebit changes for it and games like pinball illusions is much more smoother than original configuration. I send my configuration for your email.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 F12 freezes Amikit

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑