AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Amiga Experience
 Begin Register Reply Search Statistics Quick Guide  
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 717 [7 Feb 2021 09:33]
Guests - 717 / Members - 0
Vampire related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Vampire related questions /  

Update P96 Drivers without re-install the whole setup?

Author DerAlexmann
Partaker
#1 Posted: 11 Sep 2021 11:43 
Hi there,

I don't found this question via the search option so I started this new topic:

My Installation is AmiKiT XE 11.4 with a V2+, Kickstart 3.1 and OS 3.9 all installed in a A2000 - everything's running stable so far

I want to update my P96 Drivers to the newer comercial version 3.12.

The Installation Guide from the driver package suggests to prepare and delete some file that are not there in the current stable working AmiKIT installation (Picasso in DEVS/Monitors and village.library EXAMPLE or LIBS).

I am a bit worried to update the drivers, because I don't want to crash the whole system by deleting or installing stuff that isn't necessary... Is there any way to copy or remove/rename files from the picasso package manually? Which files are the ones I need? I don't want to do a fresh new CF-Setup with the new drivers, of course.

Regards,
Alex

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 11 Sep 2021 13:54 
Hi Alex and welcome!

Installing new (commercial) or old (Aminet) version of Picasso96 is very easy in AmiKit. Simply place the Picasso96.lha archive (don't unpack it) in the AmiKit:Expansion/InstallFiles drawer, and reboot. AmiKit will install it automatically. If you encounter any problems with the new drivers, simply place the old (Aminet) archive to the same folder and on next reboot you're back on the old drivers.

But I recommend to backup your SD card anyway. I use the following program on Windows: https://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/download/

Author DerAlexmann
Partaker
#3 Posted: 11 Sep 2021 15:40 
Wow! That is very simple! Worked at the first try! Thank you for the fast reply!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 12 Sep 2021 12:06 
You're welcome. If you have more questions, feel free to ask. Or join our Discord channel. You can find the invite link in the email you got upon purchase.

Vampire related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Vampire related questions /
 Update P96 Drivers without re-install the whole setup?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑