Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Mac related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Mac related questions /  

Screenmode Won't Change

Author sprocket12
Partaker
#1 Posted: 29 Jan 2020 21:13 
Successfully installed and running on 2019 Macbook Pro 13". Have AmiKit XE Combo running on MacOS 10.14.6. I have the default resolution working at the 1200x800. But no matter what I do attempting to change resolution, I always get 'Intuition is attempting to reset Workbench...'

I've set WinUAE to fullscreen (works) and the fullscreen resolution to native Mac (2560x1600). I next boot into AmiKit at 1200x800. After that I never get another screenmode to alter the display and I always get the Intuition message.

What steps am I missing?

-tia

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 29 Jan 2020 21:23 
Hello and welcome!

Yes, there are several programs running in background which might prevent Intuition to re-open screen. LimpidClock, the clock+calendar in upper right corner, is on of them.

Anyway, the most easy solution is to SAVE your new screenmode settings (after you tested it, of course) and then just reboot.

Also, I recommend to turn of startup picture - as it is fixed to certain screenmode. If your desktop screenmode is different, then there are screenmode switches on AmiKit boot which might delay the whole startup. To turn off the bootpic, run MorpheuZ and select Startup Control > Startup Picture.

Author sprocket12
Partaker
#3 Posted: 30 Jan 2020 02:52 
Thank you. I will try. My hesitation was because I remember when I had my 'real' Amiga, you didn't want to save a screen mode until you tried it. And the Intuition messages are all when I am trying to use the new screen mode.

I'll play around a bit when I'm back in front of the machine.

I Must say, this experience really runs like a modern O/S. Takes me back to the 80's and my A500, A1000, A2500.... ??

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 30 Jan 2020 10:54 
I understand your hesitation. In newer OS versions, like 3.9, there is a TEST button in Screenmode Prefs program.

To not to hesitate anymore, simply make a copy of your installed AmiKit app. If anything goes wrong, go back to your backup app. Simple

Mac related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Mac related questions /
 Screenmode Won't Change

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑