Members - 0
Most users ever online: 717 [7 Feb 2021 09:33]
Guests - 717 / Members - 0
Linux related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Linux related questions /  

Amikit in Crossover

Author ocean77
Partaker
#1 Posted: 3 Aug 2022 21:32 
If I understand correctly the installation script for Linux is tailored for PlayOnLinux. However I want to install it into a Crossover bottle instead. Is my best bet to buy the Linux version of Amikit or the Windows version?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 3 Aug 2022 21:40 
Hello, in that case I would use the Windows version. I don't remember testing it with Crossover, though, but I don't see a reason why it should not work. Please let me know, I am curious, and will help you with troubleshooting if necessary.
Thanks!
Jan

Author ocean77
Partaker
#3 Posted: 3 Aug 2022 21:41 
Okay. Thanks. I'll keep you posted.

Author ocean77
Partaker
#4 Posted: 3 Aug 2022 22:34 
Had to manually create a Windows 7 64-bit bottle. Got a warning that the C++ redist. wasn't installed, but I installed it manually afterwards.
Amikit runs, but after extracting the rom file from AmigaForever I ended up with this error and I'm unsure what to do:

ERROR: kick.rom not found in Amikit/RabbitHole/Roms drawer.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 3 Aug 2022 22:41 
Hmm, can you locate that folder and check whether the kick.rom file is there? If not, can you copy it there manually from your Amiga Forever? It is named amiga-os-3x0-a1200.rom (if there is rom.key file too, copy it there too)

Author ocean77
Partaker
#6 Posted: 3 Aug 2022 22:56 
That seemed to work. Forgot to rename it to kick.rom though. Had me stumped for a while.
The installation seems to proceed, but when restarting I just get an AmigaDos screen.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 3 Aug 2022 23:16 
So the installation of Amiga Forever files has completed before?
An AmigaDOS screen - providing it doesn't display any error message - means that the boot drive has not been found.
If restarting the whole thing (not just a reboot) does not help, could you join our Discord? A troubleshooting chat would be easier there.

Linux related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Linux related questions /
 Amikit in Crossover

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑