Members - 0
Most users ever online: 717 [7 Feb 2021 09:33]
Guests - 717 / Members - 0
Linux related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Linux related questions /  

Not able to install PlayOnLinux - AmiKit Raspberry

Author celco
Partaker
#1 Posted: 7 Aug 2021 16:52 
Hi. I successfully installed the AmiKit Raspberry. Everything working fine. I followed the Quick Guide and the topic Linux(X86/X86) where there is a section to install PlayOnLinux. I can't install PlayOnLinux in no anyway. Tried via terminal with pamac, tried via the Manjaro Software Center, no success. Via the Software Center is the easiest way. You search for PlayOnLinux and click on install, but it's not added. Entered the password for authentication, software installer is running and then nothing.
Somebody managed to install PlayOnLinux and give me some help? Many thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 7 Aug 2021 17:09 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hello, please be advised that AmiKit for Raspberry Pi (Manjaro/Amiberry running on ARM) and AmiKit for Linux (Wine/WinUAE running on x86/x64) are two different AmiKits for two different platforms. Therefore, once you successfuly installed AmiKit on Raspberry, skip the installation section for the other platforms like Windows, Mac and Linux.

If you want to install PlayOnLinux on Manjaro (for whatever reason), be advised that Manjaro is a 64bit ARM Linux system and therefore it supports only 64bit applications. It might be possible that there is no 64bit version of PlayOnLinux application... like there is no 64bit Discord app and few others, unfortunately.

Author celco
Partaker
#3 Posted: 7 Aug 2021 18:13 
OK. Thanks for the advise AmiKit. Didn't thought about the 64bit ARM. Cheers

Linux related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Linux related questions /
 Not able to install PlayOnLinux - AmiKit Raspberry

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑