Members - 0
Most users ever online: 717 [7 Feb 2021 09:33]
Guests - 717 / Members - 0
Linux related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Linux related questions /  

Amikit XE for pi-400 issues with TCP/IP Ports

Author illy
Partaker
#1 Posted: 4 Apr 2021 00:40 Edited by: illy 
I am attempting to use two programs that will connect with TC/IP on varying ports through the bsdsocket emulation of amiberry. Outbound telnet via any port in DCTELNET1.6 connects but then nothing happens but the OS is still usable. Inbound telnet to my Ami-Express BBS software via telnet connects on the client side and then locks up Amikit but not the Linux side. We use port 1541 because most BBS's will get hammered if using default telnet port.

I remember on Windows needing something like winpcap to route traffic from the host OS to the emulator, and I know that software was a port of something from Unix / Linux. Is there anything native to our Manjaro that will accomplish this? For what it is worth, AmiTradeCenter and all of the internet applications are working fine. These are two that I added and am fairly familiar with from my real Amiga.

Author illy
Partaker
#2 Posted: 4 Apr 2021 00:54 
Check that, outbound now seems to be working or the BBS's I am calling reset or something. Now just dealing with the inbound. Also dealing directly with the current developer of the BBS software on possible solutions.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 4 Apr 2021 20:30 
Uh, I am afraid I cannot be of much help here as I've never used any software like that. Perhaps someone else here?

Author illy
Partaker
#4 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 21:54 
Well, it likely doesn't matter. The Manjaro Linux on my pi-400 will not reliably connect to my wifi network anyway. Didn't have this problem with the Raspberry PI os that came with the PI-400 so, until that can get resolved I won't be using it anyway.

Author illy
Partaker
#5 Posted: 13 Apr 2021 19:26 
This has been resolved. I had an outdated version of the "express" executable and ACP files. Magically my wifi connection is now working more consistently as well.

This is nice as Amikit SE is a pre packaged environment, our community is working on making Ami-Express BBS available to run out of the box where normally it was a very difficult setup for new Sysops.

Thanks again for such a wonderful Amiga environment!

Linux related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Linux related questions /
 Amikit XE for pi-400 issues with TCP/IP Ports

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑