Members - 0
Most users ever online: 717 [7 Feb 2021 09:33]
Guests - 717 / Members - 0
Linux related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Linux related questions /  

Cannot change hdd boot priority

Author robsten
Partaker
#1 Posted: 28 Feb 2021 00:00 
Hi, On my Amikit XE Linux installation I cannot change the media boot priority. The main hardfile UAE:0 shows at Boot n/a as well as on volume. Changing the boot priority or volume name in the hardfile settings have no effect after clicking ok. The settings remain the same.
I would like to keep the hdd booting when (bootable) floppy media are inserted. Unfortunately I also cannot enter the early startup menu to set a specific boot device.

The only work-around so far is to start using DF1: - DF3: and leave out DF0:

Anyway I'm curious if there is anything else, more convenient that I could do.

This all works fine when using WinUAE on Windows.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:24 
Hi, I am afraid this might be the limitation of PlayonLinux/wine itself. Does it help if you update it? Perhaps together with the latest winuae.exe from the ZIP archive here? https://www.winuae.net/download/

Btw. regarding entering the Early Startup menu - what about if you open a shell in AmiKit and type Reboot but before you hit Enter, press and keep pressed both mouse buttons.

Author robsten
Partaker
#3 Posted: 28 Feb 2021 22:15 
Hi Jan,

Thanks for your feedback. I'll update what's possible and try again.
I'm also running virtualized Windows on Linux with VMware & Virtualbox testing WinUAE this way. I believe this is a more convenient solution than dealing with wine, playonlinux etc. There should still be enough performance left after all. But tests are left for later.
Early startup menu works with VMware & Virtualbox
I'll also keep on with these options as they look like an acceptable alternative related to the initial setup, keymap is also nearly fully matching so I can use Amiga special key shortcuts.

On Linux I also tried keeping both mouse buttons pressed while using the cli reboot command, but it did not work either. In fact there seems to be only one input channel for WinUAE be it whether mouse or keyboard, not both simultaneously. Having mouse buttons pressed any keyboard input is blocked.

Linux related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Linux related questions /
 Cannot change hdd boot priority

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑