Members - 0
Most users ever online: 41 [17 Jun 2024 01:12]
Guests - 41 / Members - 0
Linux related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Linux related questions /  

AmikitXE Crashes - PlayOnLinux

Author amikit_noob
Partaker
#1 Posted: 4 Aug 2019 17:03 
Specs: AmiKitXE (up to date), Linux Mint 19.1 with Cinnamon 4.0.10, PlayOnLinux 4.3 with Wine: 3.21-staging, OSXL as source, iMac early 2009 Intel Core 2 DUO, 2.66GHz, Nvidia Geforce9400, 4 GB Ram.
----------------------

AmiKitXE has started to crash after few minutes, this is the error message I get from PlayOnLinux:

08/04/19 16:28:11] - Running wine-3.21-staging AmiKit.exe (Working directory : /home/hope/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/AmiKitXE/drive_c/Program Files/AmiKit XE) 000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 3.21 is a testing version containing experimental patches. 000b:fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org. 0027:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead. 000b:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead. 0009:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead. [

(I tried posting this error on the PlayOnLinux forum, but their registration wont let me register as a user, so I have to post the error message here on AmiKit forum) ...

I submitted this bug/error to winehq.org ...

Thanks
amikit_noob

Author amikit_noob
Partaker
#2 Posted: 4 Aug 2019 20:02 
SOLVED! (I think

AmiKitXE seems stable again, I uninstalled RedShift in Linux (screen brightness app) which messed with the Nvidia (Randr) graphicscard.

Instead I installed f.lux for Linux, another screen brightness app, and AmiKitXE/PlayOnLinux runs stable again it seems.... ahhhh nice

amikit_noob

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 4 Aug 2019 20:15 
Alternatively, you can try AmiKit with FS-UAE instead of PlayOnLinux/WinUAE. Here's the guide: http://bit.ly/AmiKit-on-FS-UAE

However be advised Rabbit Hole does not work with FS-UAE.

Author amikit_noob
Partaker
#4 Posted: 4 Aug 2019 21:13 
Hi, thanks for the guide, but AmiKitXE seems 100% stable now, Im SUPER happy with it, and currently customizing the h*ll out of it, to make it "my own", I LOVE XE, the best AmiKit yet

regards
amikit_noob

Author amikit_noob
Partaker
#5 Posted: 10 Aug 2019 12:41 
Hi, XE still crashes on PlayOnLinux, but I may have solved it:

In "PlayOnLinux>Tools>Manage Wine versions" I now have installed both Wine 3.21-staging AND Wine 4.12.1-staging,
and right now AmiKitXE seems stable again.

I have installed Wine 4.0 in Linux Mint outside of PlayOnLinux, so maybe the newer Wine 4.12.1-staging inside PlayOnLinux works better with the Wine 4.0 in Linux itself.

This may have solved the crashes, I will keep testing this, and see if it stays stable.

For now just happy it works again, Love XE

amikit_noob

Linux related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Linux related questions /
 AmikitXE Crashes - PlayOnLinux

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑