Most users ever online: 717 [7 Feb 2021 09:33]
Guests - 717 / Members - 0
NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /  

Catalina-enabled AmiKit & FlowerPot

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author AmiKit
Admin
#1 Posted: 28 Sep 2020 21:17 Edited by: AmiKit 
Ladies and gentlemen, AmiKit and Flower Pot now work on macOS 10.15 Catalina!

To run your existing AmiKit XE/X/9 or Flower Pot on macOS 10.15, simply repack it into the new Catalina-enabled wrapper available at:

https://www.amikit.amiga.sk/macwrapper

Author sprocket12
Partaker
#2 Posted: 29 Sep 2020 18:49 
Thank you. I had purchased the latest version to find out that I couldn't run it. Now I am eager to run this software.

However I am immediately running into a problem. Call me dense, but I don't have an existing installation on my Catalina Mac. When I follow the installation directions and get to copying ROM's to my Applications/AmiKit package, the ROMs folder (actually ALL but Contents folder) are links that error with -The original item for "ROMs" can't be found.-

Is there installation directions for a clean (new) install under MacOS Catalina? Or what do I need to do to fix this? Do I run an earlier installer and then copy this over the top?

Thank you for your help and patience,
-Tim

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 29 Sep 2020 19:32 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi Tim!

All you have to do is to copy "AmiKit" or "FlowerPot" folder from your old app to the new wrapper. Then the ROM and other links will work.

Anyway, for your convenience, I've just re-activated your original links. The Mac installers are now Catalina compatible.

Best regards,
Jan

Author sprocket12
Partaker
#4 Posted: 29 Sep 2020 19:57 
Thank you! I'll work on the installation now. Wonderful job on your product.

Regards,
-Tim

Author aoxomoxoa
Partaker
#5 Posted: 30 Sep 2020 16:07 
Hi Jan!

Many thanks for these updates. I had finally updated my Mac to Catalina on Monday and spent some time yesterday figuring out a fix to get AmiKit/Flowerpot working - had created a Mojave installation on a new volume on the Mac to use for this purpose and visited the AmiKit site to download the necessary XQuartz installer today when I saw the update. Talk about timing!

All running fine within the new wrappers. Great work by all involved.

Best regards and stay safe,
/Ian G

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 30 Sep 2020 16:08 
Cool! Thank you for your feedback, Ian! Have fun with AmiKit and FlowerPot on Catalina.

Author Slav
Partaker
#7 Posted: 27 Nov 2020 18:12 
Hi Jan,

I tried to update my AmikitX to the new Mac warper. Unfortunately it's not working for me after following all the instructions.
I've also lost the original .dmg after a crash of my backup hdd.

Today i want to buy the upgrade to Amikit XE by taking advantage of your BlackFriday promotion but I'm afraid this won't work either, since I have the first version of Amikit X and as i understand it's a zip file to extract to the content folder.

Could you re-activated my original Amikit link as the Mac installer is now Catalina compatible? I want' to try Amikit XE on a MBP 16" I9 2020 as today i use it on a Mac Pro 2012 12-cores.
If needed i can provide my e-junkie order #

Many thanks,
Slav

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 27 Nov 2020 18:17 
Hi Slav and welcome to the Forum! I've just re-activated your AmiKit X download for Mac. Please note that unlike AmiKit XE you still need to repack older X version to the new wrapper. Let me know how it worked for you.

Thanks,
Jan

Author Slav
Partaker
#9 Posted: 27 Nov 2020 20:30 
Hi Jan,

Thank you so much for the re-activation of my old link. I was able to download it and i just bought now the XE upgrade.
I'll try to repack it and i'll keep you posted!

Many thanks,
Slav

Author Slav
Partaker
#10 Posted: 27 Nov 2020 20:46 
Btw i've take the advantage of BlackFriday promotion to purchase FlowerPot as well

Author Turrican9001
Partaker
#11 Posted: 5 Mar 2021 10:23 Edited by: Turrican9001 
Hi, yesterday I have purchasing Amikit X, just to play a bit with the system until Amikit XE will be available for raspi.
My system is a MacBook Air 2017 with OS X Catalina.

Downloaded the wrapper and followed the instructions ( repackaged the app and allowed it at first lunch in System > Preferences ).
Installed Wine Gecko stuff when requested but App just doesn't open.
If I click on the icon in App Folder nothing happens and no errors or messages are displayed.

Could I miss something ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#12 Posted: 5 Mar 2021 10:27 
Hi, make sure you really copied the actual files to the new wrapper - and not created a link only (then you would see a small arrow next to the files).

Author Turrican9001
Partaker
#13 Posted: 5 Mar 2021 11:16 Edited by: Turrican9001 
AmiKit

When I drag and drop the wrapper on the desktop, I found 5 folders ( Drive_C, Logs, RabbitHole, ROMs and WinUAE ) whit the small arrow of the alias elements and the folder Contents without arrow.
So I copied the files inside Contents>Resources>drive_c.
All the files are in the correct folders.

But no way to start app in OS X Catalina.

UPDATE: After some tests, now Wineskin opens when I launch Amikit, with 3 options: Install Software, Set Screen Options and Advanced. No idea if this is the right way (no mention in instructions) but now I don't know how to proceed.

Sorry, probably I'm doing wrong something.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#14 Posted: 6 Mar 2021 01:37 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi, if Wineskin shows the "Install Software" window then it means it cannot find the files - which means you copied them to a wrong place, probably. Please follow the included instructions - and when it comes to "Drag & Drop" instruction just make sure it copies the files to new location (and it doesn't create just a link). Perhaps use right-click > Copy and Paste instead of Drag & Drop?

Author danica_talos
Partaker
#15 Posted: 7 Apr 2021 21:04 Edited by: danica_talos 
FlowerPot works on M1 MacBook Air - but very crappy!

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /
 Catalina-enabled AmiKit & FlowerPot

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑