Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /  

Catalina-enabled AmiKit & FlowerPot

Author AmiKit
Admin
#1 Posted: 28 Sep 2020 21:17 Edited by: AmiKit 
Ladies and gentlemen, AmiKit and Flower Pot now work on macOS 10.15 Catalina!

To run your existing AmiKit XE/X/9 or Flower Pot on macOS 10.15, simply repack it into the new Catalina-enabled wrapper available at:

https://www.amikit.amiga.sk/macwrapper

Author sprocket12
Partaker
#2 Posted: 29 Sep 2020 18:49 
Thank you. I had purchased the latest version to find out that I couldn't run it. Now I am eager to run this software.

However I am immediately running into a problem. Call me dense, but I don't have an existing installation on my Catalina Mac. When I follow the installation directions and get to copying ROM's to my Applications/AmiKit package, the ROMs folder (actually ALL but Contents folder) are links that error with -The original item for "ROMs" can't be found.-

Is there installation directions for a clean (new) install under MacOS Catalina? Or what do I need to do to fix this? Do I run an earlier installer and then copy this over the top?

Thank you for your help and patience,
-Tim

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 29 Sep 2020 19:32 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi Tim!

All you have to do is to copy "AmiKit" or "FlowerPot" folder from your old app to the new wrapper. Then the ROM and other links will work.

Anyway, for your convenience, I've just re-activated your original links. The Mac installers are now Catalina compatible.

Best regards,
Jan

Author sprocket12
Partaker
#4 Posted: 29 Sep 2020 19:57 
Thank you! I'll work on the installation now. Wonderful job on your product.

Regards,
-Tim

Author aoxomoxoa
Partaker
#5 Posted: 30 Sep 2020 16:07 
Hi Jan!

Many thanks for these updates. I had finally updated my Mac to Catalina on Monday and spent some time yesterday figuring out a fix to get AmiKit/Flowerpot working - had created a Mojave installation on a new volume on the Mac to use for this purpose and visited the AmiKit site to download the necessary XQuartz installer today when I saw the update. Talk about timing!

All running fine within the new wrappers. Great work by all involved.

Best regards and stay safe,
/Ian G

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 30 Sep 2020 16:08 
Cool! Thank you for your feedback, Ian! Have fun with AmiKit and FlowerPot on Catalina.

NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /
 Catalina-enabled AmiKit & FlowerPot

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑