Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

Forums Search Register Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
Miscellaneous topics AmiKit Support Forum / Miscellaneous topics /

AmiKit on Classic Amiga

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »  
Author zmurf
Registered
#31 Posted: 20 May 2009 09:45 
Ok. That was very helpful. Thank you very much.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#32 Posted: 24 May 2009 15:19 Edited by: AmiKit 
Dimitris Panokostas, the editor of Greek Amiga magazine called Amigahellas, has written a detailed guide describing how to install the AmiKit package on a real Amiga computer. The document is provided in PDF format and can be found in Knowledge Base. Enjoy!

Author CountRaven
Registered
#33 Posted: 11 Sep 2009 10:29 Edited by: CountRaven 
Hello

My deep congratulations for Amikit. Great stuff.

Chris from Greece here.

Thanks to Dimitris guide and some info from here I managed to install it on a partition @ my Amiga 4000 with CyberStorm PPC card, Picasso IV Gfx, Deneb USB Card, 80Giga HDD, DVD-R-W drive.

But I got a strange problem.

On the FIRST boot the new Icons on Amikit are NOT activated and the Amikit Picture is not showing up. I got the old 3.9 icons instead. There is also no transparency on the Amikit menus. If I soft reset and reboot the new icons sued by Amikit for the drawers, utilities etc, would show up nicely and the startup picture as well and yes the transparency is there on the menus.

Probably a mess with any kind of .prefs file?
Any ideas?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#34 Posted: 11 Sep 2009 12:38 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hmmm, I would say this has something to do with AfA_OS that allows DualPNG icons, transparency, etc.. Make sure the AfA_OS_Loader is in C: and is properly initialized in startup-sequence - should be one of the first (if not the first) command there...

What AmiKit version is it? The AfA_OS was updated in AmiKit 1.5.9

Author CountRaven
Registered
#35 Posted: 11 Sep 2009 12:51 
Thanks for the quick reply!

It is the latest version of Amikit and Afa_OS.

Of course Afa_Os_Loader is on C and SS...

Let's share some thoghts of mine about the problem...

I wonder if Afa_OS creates some kind of prefs file and where does it save it?

Is there any kind of "Activaiton" put in WBStartup?

Does Visualprefs plays any part ?

I discovered on ENV: folder two files called replacevirdie and replacevisualprefs. They were stored on ENV:/Afa/Disabled.
They were empty text files though. Should I put em out of disabled folder maybe? And should they contain some kind of settings?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#36 Posted: 11 Sep 2009 13:11 Edited by: AmiKit 
I wonder if Afa_OS creates some kind of prefs file and where does it save it?

AmiKit:Prefs/AfA_Prefs

Is there any kind of "Activaiton" put in WBStartup?

No

Does Visualprefs plays any part ?

Depends on what theme is used by AfA_OS. If classic one, the VisualPrefs is active. If 24bit theme of AfA_OS is used, the VisualPrefs is disabled. This is controlled by the MorpheuZ program (located on desktop by default). Those ENV variables you mentioned are handled by MorpheuZ as well.

Maybe try to switch to 24bit theme (by MorpheuZ) and VisualPrefs and Birdie gets disabled automatically. If that doesn't help, try to add Wait 1 or Wait 2 command in front of IPrefs in startup-sequence...

Author AndyB
Registered
#37 Posted: 11 Sep 2009 23:24 
Countraven

Your problem is with the AMIGA OS ROM update file in your DEVS directory. If you revert this file back to the BB1 version you will get the correct display first time, every time!

Author CountRaven
Registered
#38 Posted: 12 Sep 2009 11:46 
AndyB: Thanks fir the answer.

Is the BB! version called Amiga ROM-update-old??? I guess so and yes it stored on the Devs. But renaming it as Amiga ROM-update does not do the trick. Is is the correct file anyway? IF no can you please email the correct one @ chris.countraven@gmail.com. Thanks...

Lets give some more info:

On the first time that Amikit boots except the icons not be activated. Many programs do not load as well. For example MorpheuZ do not load and all the programs on the utilities directory have the well known "key" icon, except their own one. A double click on a program's icon -for example Dirctory Opus 4- will not do anything except if I match it as "Script" using the information choice from the icons menu.

Also on the first time the Amikit picture would not appear on screen.

The live update program works normally (!).

I guess that this mess is due to the wrong handle of the .info files that are base don PNG icons among others.

All this MESS goes to a fine mode. On the second reboot just by magic.

I tried to disable AfaOS enabling Powericons but it does not seem to work.

Perhaps someone who has a good working set up on a classic would be able to dump on a lha file and upload it somewhere. I would then replace the monitor drivers to fit on my Picasso IV giving the whole thing a new try.

Or try to fix my own setup.

Or delete everything and leave the whole thing to dust.

Author CountRaven
Registered
#39 Posted: 14 Sep 2009 11:38 
SOLVED.

It was the morelibspace that should be on the very first line of SS.
Now system works perfect.

THANKS to EVERYONE for the answers and support!!!!

Author Retrofan
#40 Posted: 3 Nov 2010 23:47 
Hi:
I'm running Amikit on a Real Amiga without graphic card. I only have a Blizzard 1260 in an A1200. Yes, I have somethings dissabled, but I have the updates working and others. I have a chipmem of 1760000 running with 256 colors with Fblit, Ftext, Simplegels WBControl and Cyberbugfix. I would like to ask for a couple of things that you can add in the next update: for example some Amikit screens that could be loaded without graphic card and some icons that can be used without a PPC.
Or perhaps you could upload them somewhere.
Thanks,
Fernandoace@hotmail.es

Author Retrofan
#41 Posted: 8 Nov 2010 19:37 
I was thinking that you introduced the dual PNG icons with Amikit update 1.3.0. Perhaps the icons you had before in 1.2.9 would work right in my Amiga, but I can't find them nowhere.
Thanks,
Fernandoace@hotmail.es

Author Retrofan
#42 Posted: 10 Aug 2012 23:19 
Now I'm using the right icons without graphic card with the latest icon.library.
Anyway, if I could get the Amikit loading screen without progress bar, I would like to use it. I don't mind if it's the old, as I'm using right now an old version of Amikit, 1.5.6
Thanks,
Fernandoace@hotmail.es

Author AmiKit
Admin
#43 Posted: 11 Aug 2012 00:33 
You can disable the progress bar in AmiKit:Prefs/ShowAmiga96_Prefs

Author Retrofan
#44 Posted: 4 Sep 2012 12:02 
Not bad 2 years for an answer. Thanks anyway.

I have to try it to see if it works without graphic card.

Anyway, you were asking for "someone else" to make a conversion. I've got one running with just my ACA's.

See this thread:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=65691

I'm wishing to share this conversion with everybody, but I understand I can't. You've got my mail for anything you want, Amikit.

Author Anonymous
#45 Posted: 5 Sep 2012 18:56 
I've tried with ShowAmiga, but (and I had to open the preferences in the pc) it wasn't working. Anyway I don't find the reason to use it disabling all. I just need the image to use it with PicBoot. I can send you my System if you first send me that image or another with "Real Amiga", just like mine.

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
Miscellaneous topics AmiKit Support Forum / Miscellaneous topics / AmiKit on Classic Amiga Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0