AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
Miscellaneous topics AmiKit Support Forum / Miscellaneous topics /  

AmiKit X on Raspberry Pi 3 (Amibian)?

Author JimmiG
Partaker
#1 Posted: 11 Oct 2017 11:40 
I have set up a dedicated Amiga classic emulation box running Amibian (minimal Linux distro that boots straight to any Amiga config) on the Raspberry Pi 3.
I was wondering if anyone has gotten the latest AmiKit X to work with such a setup?

Can I just buy the Windows version, set up the HDF on my Windows PC using WinUAE, and then transfer the finished HDF over to the Pi? The Pi runs UAE4ARM, while the Windows version uses WinUAE. They are similar in terms of features, but not identical. I know it isn't "officially" supported, but would this cause problems? Are there any components in AmiKit X that rely on WinUAE specifically?
Thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 11 Oct 2017 18:59 
Hi Jimmi,

we are working on a special RPi version of AmiKit, but it might take a while till it's finished. Meanwhile you can try to modify free AmiKit 8 to see how it works under UAE4ARM (not sure if it can run higher resolutions in 32bit).

Regarding AmiKit X, its Rabbit Hole feature won't work for sure as it really requires WinUAE.

Author JimmiG
Partaker
#3 Posted: 17 Oct 2017 14:18 
I spent some time trying to make it work, but it was too much effort. For one, it had to be transferred to a new hardfile and probably a different file system too due to limitations with UAE4ARM. Then it would still show a Software Failure error on boot.
So I will stick with ClassicWB on the Pi and use AmiKit X on my desktop and laptop systems. But I will keep an eye out for any future developments

Miscellaneous topics AmiKit Support Forum / Miscellaneous topics /
 AmiKit X on Raspberry Pi 3 (Amibian)?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top