Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

° Forums ° Search ° Register ° Reply ° Statistics ° FAQ ° DONATE 
Miscellaneous topics AmiKit Support Forum / Miscellaneous topics /

Amiga video start-up issues

Author pneron
Registered
#1 ° Posted: 5 Nov 2015 12:48 
Dear Amiga Colleagues

I had to revive my A2000 so that I could pull off some old music tracks today. This was my first DAW in the 80s that I used with 3 Sunrize cards supporting Bars and Pipes.The machine booted up fine. However, in my haste (and my forgotten lack of Amiga video memory settings), I changed to the video setting of my Picasso II” card and set the resolution to SuperHighRes. I was able to see my workbench until I had to do a COLD reboot…..now I can’t see my desktop.
I have tried booting from many different Workbench versions - DFO lights up for a few passes, but than proceeds to boot off the hard drive.
I also tried plugging my monitor into the old Amiga video port, but no luck.
Finally, I tried the boot modifier keys via holding both (L+R) mouse buttons - also no luck.

The images attach show the sequence of events:

First, A2000 boots from HD (can’t get it to the WB from DFO)
I can see the CybergraphX splash screen on my monitor - screen resolution in the top corner says: 640x480 60 HZ
After 30 secs, my monitor flickers for a few seconds and I can see the WB for about 1 second, but than it defaults to an Unsupported Mode screen message
I have tried other monitors with no luck. I assume the Picasso setting is mucking things up but have no way to get to WB and fix this issue.

any ideas how I can fix this issue?

Thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 ° Posted: 14 Dec 2015 21:50 
Hi, is this related to AmiKit? I have no experience with A2000 at all. Sorry. But you can try to use other forum where they help quickly. Here are the links:

www.amiga.org
www.amigaworld.net
www.amigans.net

Miscellaneous topics AmiKit Support Forum / Miscellaneous topics / Amiga video start-up issues Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0