AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Known Bugs AmiKit Support Forum / Known Bugs /  

AMISTART Tools HELP Files

Author DamnRight
Partaker
#1 Posted: 17 May 2019 00:36 Edited by: DamnRight 
In (full) XE, AMISTART Tools HELP Files are accessed at the very top of the menu;
there are TWO working listings each for
Deutsch
English
Italiano,
unlike other languages which only have one menu item.

Each duplicate appears identical in content BUT Deleting ONE of them deletes BOTH entries (I tried this on Italiano...),
so that's NOT a quick-fix.

- your AmiKit version number - 11.0
- is it Windows, Mac or Linux installation? Windows 10
- which AmigaOS version have you used to install AmiKit? Amiga Forever default KS ROM v3.1 (A1200)
- which screenmode do you use for AmiKit? 1680x1050 (32) Full-Window
- which Amiga desktop manager do you use - Directory Opus (default), Workbench or Scalos? - Directory Opus

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 17 May 2019 21:15 
Hi, I can see it here too. It must be some kind of strange bug of AmiStart filesystem browser. That "Help Files" entry actually shows the content of the real AmiKit:Locale/Help folder.

Author DamnRight
Partaker
#3 Posted: 18 May 2019 03:02 
It appears the AmiStart entries are doing more than just "showing" the content because when you DELETE something from the AmiStart menu the content in the AmiKit:Locale/Help folder ALSO is deleted (as I said above, "I tried this on Italiano...." and just confirmed it's now totally gone from the filesystem.) You can't risk users doing this......

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 18 May 2019 08:49 
Yes, that AmiStart filesystem browser is full featured browser able to delete files too. The same applies to RAM:, AmiKit:, Dwnload and Dropbox icons on AmiStart taskbar. They all show the actual content of those devices/folder. I admit that in case of Tools/Help Files it's not obvious and you can hardly differentiate between regular AmiStart entry and filesystem entry... Anyway, they are just help files.

Author DamnRight
Partaker
#5 Posted: 4 Jun 2019 02:27 
Please add this bit of info (about deleting) to the Quick Guide. And hope you get that strange duplicating bug sorted (switch to links versus direct launching?)

Hope you're recharged from your vacation!

Steve

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 5 Jun 2019 23:04 
Hi Steve, I am, thank you

I am afraid that author of AmiStart is not active anymore - and he's the only one able to fix anything in AmiStart.

Maybe you will have more luck contacting him? http://aminet.net/package/util/wb/AmiStart

Known Bugs AmiKit Support Forum / Known Bugs /
 AMISTART Tools HELP Files

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑