First I will have to express my extremly positive feellings and say Biiig Thanks for fantastic work you did with AmiKIT! Finally Amiga does not look like a toy and is finally useable after so many years! I wanted to create such a system during last few years for PC under WinUAE but AmiKit kicked ***!
After configuring every program to work under 1440x900 resolution, I get some ideas I would like to share with you and make AmiKIT even more attractive to new Amiga emulation users.
- For some reason Right Click on Magellan Lister on the first icon does not open Root Directory [the lister view that opens when doubleclick anywhere on the workbench]. So I had to manually re-edit RightClick on first lister icon and set it for "Go to Root Dir".
- Doubleclick middle mouse button anywhere on the WorkBench should bring AmigaSHELL [this was my default setup for ages]
- You should copy and rename C/CED to C/ED because ED command is easier to type, shorter and looks familiar from other platforms. So, typing ED S:User-startup in AmigaShell is much easier with CED [MicroGoldEditor] than any other text editor
- You should configure Opus to play sound when you load Workbench. I, for example, put some nice short space theme with "Welcome to Amiga system" robotic female speech. I can send you as I created it for my personal needs, when start AmiKIT.
- you should configure CTRL + M for MakeDir [in DOpusMagellan] and DEL key [for delete files].
- I configured CTRL + C for Copy and CTRL + V for paste [in Magellan lister], it is much easier for other users to copy/paste than to use pull-down menu.
- I would change font AmiKIT to some other, stylish one. AmiKIT is really perfectly designed, it is pity to still have old fashioned font AmiKIT when you can create something a bit better [looking from designer's view]
- Enviroment/ListerDisplay in Magellan you had Field Titles disabled. It is much better to have it enabled and sorting-tabs in Lister
Well I think thats all for now. AmiKIT works great on my Acer Travelmate 7530 and Acer Aspire 7535G at 1440x900 screen resolution.
Also I found that plugging and unplugging mouse can cause stopping mouse control in emulator. I guess this bug will be fixed?