AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a suggestion AmiKit Support Forum / I have a suggestion /  

new amikit screenmode

Author turrican3
Partaker
#1 Posted: 1 Feb 2008 01:54 
Could you make 1280x720 amikit screenmode ?
or told me how to resize the size of the screen boot without showamiga96prefs because it doesn't resize well.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 1 Feb 2008 09:39 Edited by: AmiKit 
Well, adding a new screen mode preset is quite complicated. It requires lot of changes in many files and it always takes me lot of time.

You can switch to your preferred screen mode manually, adjust the icon positions of your desktop, etc. but the boot picture cannot be resized correctly. This is because all the boot pictures were painted manually specially for the given screenmode, you know. Better disable the boot picture completely (check this thread). Or you can import your own, just play with the AmiKit:Prefs/ShowAmiga96_Prefs.

Author turrican3
Partaker
#3 Posted: 1 Feb 2008 15:55 
thanks for reply amikit

Author Malakie
Partaker
#4 Posted: 18 Jun 2008 18:18 
Do you plan on adding a couple more standard wide screen modes? One that is really needed is 1440x900 and 19xx by 1xxx (cannot remember exact numbers at moment for that res)

I recently upgrade to a new HP w2207 widescreen. AmiKit crashes when I try to use 1600x1000 mode. And normal res is 1680 x 1050 so AmiKit will not work windowed mode at that res. ( I need windowed mode).

The next down is all the way down to resolution 1280 x1024 and that is a major jump in resolution sizes. It would be nice to have 1360x768 and 1440x900 especially for all those with new widescreens like this.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 21 Jun 2008 14:42 
According to my previous experience adding a new screen mode and configuring all the files take unbelievable amount of time not worth the result.

You can always set your screen mode manually. Select a smaller or larger screenmode in "Screenmode AmiKit" program and before you reboot launch the system's "Screenmode" program and select your desired mode. After you reboot adjust the desktop icons and then select "Icons -> Snapshot -> Snapshot all" from the DOpus right-mouse menu.

I have a suggestion AmiKit Support Forum / I have a suggestion /
 new amikit screenmode

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top