AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a suggestion AmiKit Support Forum / I have a suggestion /  

720p and 1080p resolutions

Author arnljot
Partaker
#1 Posted: 19 Aug 2007 15:33 
I have my winuae box connected to my 16:9 screen.

The native amiga screenmode program lists the 16:9 resolutions but amikit doesn't

Hacking around a little in config files I've managed to set my resolution to 1280x720x32, but the result is not good. (the clock is most times not there, and the screen opens twice before magellan is present)

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 19 Aug 2007 16:19 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hello,

there is a program called "Screenmode AmiKit" in AmiKit:Prefs folder. The purpose of the program is to adjust all the icons and windows according to the screen mode you select. Unfortunately I cannot support all the screen modes because it would require lot of presets for many many screen modes.

However, you can select similar resolution in "Screenmode AmiKit" program and then use the regular AmiKit:Prefs/Screenmode program to set the exact screen mode according to your needs. This way the icons and windows will be adjusted approximately at least.

As far as I remember, "Screenmode AmiKit" supports 1280x800 resolution, which is the closest to you. Try it. Simply run the program, select desired screen mode and before you reboot, choose an option to select the same or similar resolution in regular screen mode preferences.

If you select different resolution in the regular screen mode preferences, note that the boot screen is still set to the mode selected in the "Screenmode AmiKit" program. In this case better disable the boot picture:

Edit AmiKit:S/Startup-Sequence and insert semicolon in front of the following line:
SYS:Utilities/Expansion/ShowAmiga96/Bin/ShowAmiga96_Rev239C18

I have a suggestion AmiKit Support Forum / I have a suggestion /
 720p and 1080p resolutions

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top