Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

Forums Search Register Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
I have a suggestion AmiKit Support Forum / I have a suggestion /

MuLib support

Author Kaminari
Registered
#1 Posted: 14 Apr 2007 05:23 Edited by: Kaminari 
Hi Jan,

AmiKit is really shaping up nicely. A bit slow on my P4 at 2.7 GHz, but that could be due to the intensive use of alpha-channel in AmiStart.

With the recent addition of 68030 and 68060 CPUs in WinUAE, it could be very handy to have AmiKit use MuLib instead of the default SetPatch (which doesn't natively recognize the 68060). MuLib makes it possible to quickly change the CPU in WinUAE and still have AmiKit use a generic 680x0.library at boot time, instead of having to use the dummy 68040 library from Phase5.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 14 Apr 2007 12:23 Edited by: AmiKit 
QUOTE: A bit slow on my P4 at 2.7 GHz...

It should not be on such a CPU. Have you tried newer WinUAE? It's more compatible with newer CPUs.

QUOTE: ...it could be very handy to have AmiKit use MuLib...

Yes, I am familiar with MuLibs. I used to use it regularly on my real machine. I'd like to implement it into AmiKit as well but it will require some time and scripting. Eg. the correct SetPatch patch has to be applied according to user's type of installation (OS3.5 or OS3.9, with or without BoingBags, etc.) and if the user upgrades (to OS3.9 or installs BoingBags) the patch has to be applied again. I will put it into my to-do list.

I have a suggestion AmiKit Support Forum / I have a suggestion / MuLib support Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0